The market for coupling agents is expected to register at a CAGR of over 3% during the forecast period. The primary factor driving the growth of the market includes the high consumption of coupling agents in enhancing the properties of plastics and rubber, used across many end-use industries. On the flip-side, the sudden outbreak of COVID-19 is predicted to foil the market growth during the forecast timeline.
- The rubber and plastic industry is anticipated to hold the largest share in the coupling agent market worldwide.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the coupling agent market globally, owing to the high demand for rubber and plastics consumption in the region.
Key Market Trends
Rubber and Plastics Segment to Boost the Coupling Agent Market
- A coupling agent is characterized as a compound that imparts a concoction bond between two unique materials, normally an organic and inorganic material. The superior binding properties, coupled with high adhesion and ease of processing, makes coupling agents suitable for various applications in rubber tire manufacturing.
- The fundamental applications are infilled polymer frameworks, including both thermosets and thermoplastics, for example, glass fiber reinforced epoxy resins, phenolics, etc. as well as rubber applications where vinyl silanes are utilized as filler treatments just as for crosslinking polyolefins. Developing innovations in biomaterial applications use silane coupling specialists.
- Coupling agents tend to be utilized often in the vulcanized rubber framework with fillers like silica, fiberglass, and so on as a reinforcing agent. It is used to deliver rubber items, for example, tire, hose, elastic move, belting, link, shoe, and mechanical establishing items.
- All the factors mentioned above are expected to drive the coupling agent market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to be the Largest Market for Coupling Agents
- The Asia-Pacific region holds a prominent share in the coupling agent market globally, owing to the presence of gigantic rubber and plastics and paints and coatings end-use industries in the region.
- The Asia-Pacific synthetic rubber market size is projected to be USD 12.6 billion in 2020 and is forecast to grow up to nearly USD 20 billion by 2026.
- In the financial year 2019, India was estimated to have a production of about 1.6 million metric ton of volume of performance plastics.
- In 2019, the market value of the paints and coatings segment in Asia-Pacific was evaluated to be USD 76.5 billion, and it is anticipated to reach a value of USD 106 billion by 2024.
- Thus, rising demand from various industries is expected to drive the market studied in the region during the forecast period.
The coupling agent market is partially fragmented. Some of the players in the market include Momentive, Dow, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd, Evonik Industries AG, and Wacker Chemie AG.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from the Rubber and Plastics Segment to Boost Market
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to the COVID-19 Outbreak
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.1.4 Other types
5.2.1 Adhesives and Sealants
5.2.2 Fiber Treatment
5.2.3 Paints and Coatings
5.2.4 Rubber and Plastics
5.2.5 Other Applications
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Advanced Polymer Inc.
6.4.4 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.5 GELEST INC.
6.4.6 Hexpol Compounding HQ SA
6.4.7 JNC Corporation
6.4.9 RAYTON CHEMICALS CO. LTD
6.4.10 Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.11 Wacker Chemie AG
6.4.12 WD Silicone Co. Ltd
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Advanced Polymer Inc.
- Evonik Industries AG
- GELEST INC.
- Hexpol Compounding HQ SA
- JNC Corporation
- RAYTON CHEMICALS CO. LTD
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd
- Wacker Chemie AG
- WD Silicone Co. Ltd