The market for the micro-perforated films market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4 % globally during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are increasing demand for food products having longer shell life and growing packaged food sector in Asia-Pacific. On the flip side, susceptibility to contamination through micro-perforations are hindering the growth of the market studied.
- Increasing applications in the fruits & vegetable packaging segment are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market across the globe with the largest consumption coming from China, Japan, and India.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Application in Fruits & Vegetable Packaging
- Micro-perforated films are the films that have holes at equal distances that allow air to circulate between the product and the external environment. This prevents the build-up of vapor inside the packaging.
- This application of micro-perforated films helps to preserve fruits & vegetables and allows them to stay fresh for longer periods of time.
- Micro-perforated films help to increase the shelf life of the fruits & vegetables and also preserves the quality of the food stored inside.
- Micro-perforated films are made of different types of polymer materials like polyethylene terephthalate, polypropylene, polyethylene, and a few other types with polyethylene accounting for the largest share.
- India’s packaging industry is the fifth-largest in the world and is growing at about 22-25% per year as per the Plastics Industry Association of India 2019.
- Hence, owing to the growing demand for fresh fruits & vegetables, the demand for micro perforated films is expected to increase over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for micro-perforated films during the forecast period. Due to the high demand application from countries like China, India, and Japan the market for micro-perforated films has been increasing.
- The largest producers of micro-perforated films are located in the Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of micro-perforated films are Bollore Group, Ajover S.A.S, Jiangyin Bairuijia Plastics Science & Technology Co., Ltd, Aera, and Penguin Plastics.
- About 296 Approved Cold Chain Projects in the food processing industry have been approved in India as in May 2019 creating an increasing application of micro-perforated films for packaging.
- Additionally, with the growing demand for ready-to-eat food across the Asia-Pacific region due to the increasing working population, the demand for micro-perforated films is growing in the region.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for micro-perforated films market during the forecast period.
The global micro-perforated films market is fragmented, with players accounting for a marginal share in the market. Some of the major companies include Bollore Group, Helion Industries, Jiangyin Bairuijia Plastics Science & Technology Co., Ltd, Aera, and Penguin Plastics.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Food Products having Longer Shell Life
4.1.2 Growing Packaged Food Sector in Asia-Pacific
4.2.1 Susceptibility to Contamination
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.1.1 Polyethylene Terephthalate
5.2.1 Fruits & Vegetables
5.2.2 Bakery & Confectionery
5.2.3 Medical and Grocery Products
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Bollore Group
6.4.3 Dhwani Polyprints Private Limited
6.4.4 Helion Industries
6.4.5 HEXIS S.A.
6.4.6 Jiangyin Bairuijia Plastics Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
6.4.8 Penguin Plastics
6.4.9 Specialty Polyfilms Pvt. Ltd.
6.4.10 Ajover S.A.S
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Bollore Group
- Dhwani Polyprints Private Limited
- Helion Industries
- HEXIS S.A.
- Jiangyin Bairuijia Plastics Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
- Penguin Plastics
- Specialty Polyfilms Pvt. Ltd.
- Ajover S.A.S