The double-sided tape market is expected to witness a CAGR of more than 6%, globally, during the forecast period.
The rising number of buildings and growing need for weather resistance in indoor and outdoor materials are driving the market growth.
Extreme high-temperature complexity in the integration of buildings may cause the adhesive to melt and lose its strength, which is expected to hinder the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for Indoor and Outdoor Building Applications
- The demand for double-sided tapes has been increasing. It is used for decorating, mounting posters and heavy paintings on walls, clocks, for sticking pieces of wood together, and sound dampening in interiors.
- Double-sided tapes are used on floor surfaces because of having an outstanding shear resistance. These are used for floor carpet, in order to ensure that carpets stay in place.
- The demand for carpet has been rising from colder regions, such as North America, Canada, European countries, and other Asian regions, because of its insulation properties.
- Rising technologies in the construction sector, to control the inner room temperatures and growing environmental changes, are the primary reasons to increase the demand for carpets.
- In construction applications, double-sided tapes are used for corrosion resistance in material damages and keep the material surfaces smooth and clean, along with providing sealing function protection against environmental elements. Due to these properties, the construction industry has been increasingly using it for outdoor and indoor applications.
- Double-sided tapes can also be used on different building surfaces, such as metal, glass, paper, stainless steel, polycarbonate, to attach one to one or other materials.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market, owing to the highly developed construction sector in China, coupled with the continuous investments done in the region, to develop the architectural sector in recent years.
- The growing construction industry, due to population increase and rise in middle-class incomes in Asia-Pacific, has supported the demand for architectural structures in recent times. The residential construction sector in China, India, and Singapore has witnessed considerable growth since the past few years.
- According to Singapore's Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI), the construction industry witnessed a 2.5% growth in 2019, as compared to the previous year. Such factors are increasing the usage of double-sided tapes in Asia-Pacific.
- The demand for double-sided tape is increasing from the largest markets of Asia-Pacific, such as the automotive and electronics sectors.
- Recently, manufacturers have started using double-sided tapes in motherboards, cameras, internal parts, and dashboards in cars at a higher rate.
- Moreover, the growing demand for high strength tapes in these sectors is significant, because of their adhesive properties, such as insulation, indoor designing, signage, in-mobile cameras, medical purposes, in-home appliances, and bonding heavy objects. Therefore, these properties are expected to drive the market for double-sided tape in Asia-Pacific, in the future.
The global double-sided tape market is fragmented in nature, with many players competing in the market. Some of the major companies are Tesa SE, 3M, Lintec Corporation, Lohmann GmbH & Co. Kg, and Guangzhou Broadya Adhesive Products Co. Ltd, among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Increasing Applications in Building Indoors and Outdoors
4.1.2 Growing Demand from the Automotive Industry
4.2.1 Less Temperature Resistance
4.2.2 Other Restriants
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.4 Other End-user Industries
5.2 By Geography
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.2.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Adchem Corporation
6.4.3 Advance Tapes International
6.4.4 Bostik Limited
6.4.5 Guangzhou Broadya Adhesive Products Co.
6.4.6 Haixiang Adhesive Products Co. Ltd
6.4.7 Lintec Corporation
6.4.8 Lohmann GmbH & Co. Kg
6.4.9 Scapa Group PLC
6.4.10 Tesa SE
7.2 Other Opportunities
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Adchem Corporation
- Advance Tapes International
- Bostik Limited
- Guangzhou Broadya Adhesive Products Co.
- Haixiang Adhesive Products Co. Ltd
- Lintec Corporation
- Lohmann GmbH & Co. Kg
- Scapa Group PLC
- Tesa SE