The silanes market is expected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. The major factor driving the market studied is the rapidly growing demand for silanes from the paints and coatings industry. On the flip side, environmental regulations on the toxicity level of silanes and unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak are hindering the growth of the market.
- The growing demand for silanes from cosmetics and pharmaceutics is projected to offer various opportunities for the growth of the market over the forecast period.
- Paints and coatings application is expected to dominate the market studied, over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific represents the largest market. It is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period, owing to the increasing consumption from China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for Silanes from Paints and Coating Industry
- Silane is an inorganic compound with substance equation, SiH4, making it a gathering 14 hydride. Additionally, it is a colorless, pyrophoric, poisonous gas with a sharp, appalling smell, to some degree like that of acidic corrosive.
- Silanes are used in a large variety of high-performance coatings and metal treatment and resin systems, usually known as adhesion promoters, which act as a binding agent between organic resins and inorganic substrates.
- Silanes act as a coupling agent to pigments and fillers, to improve scrub ability and increases adhesion performance.
- The demand for paints and coatings is expected to rise during the coming years, owing to the rapidly increasing housing construction activities, especially in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the application of silanes from the paints and coatings industry is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for silanes during the forecast period. The rising demand of silanes from paints and coatings industry and growing application in rubber and paper industry in developing countries like China, Japan and India is expected to drive the demand for silanes in this region.
- The largest producers of silanes are located in Asia-Pacific. Some of the leading companies in the production of silanes are EVONIK, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd, Dow, Momentive, and Hexion.
- According to the Indian Ministry of Commerce and Industry, India is currently the sixth-largest producer of natural rubber in the world, with one of the highest productivity volumes (694,000 metric ton in 2017-2018). The production capacity in India is around 900,000 metric ton, of which around 75% is tapped.
- In April 2019, the Government of China invested around USD 73 billion for constructing key transportation projects, which include railways, highways, waterways, airports, and urban rail.
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, the market for silanes in Asia-Pacific is projected to grow significantly, during the forecast period.
The silanes market is partially fragmented in nature, with only a few major players dominating the market. Some of the major companies are EVONIK, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd, Dow, Momentive, and Hexion, among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Growing Demand for Silanes from Paints and Coatings Industry
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Environmental Regulations on Toxicity Level of Silanes
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.1.6 Other Functional Groups
5.2.1 Coupling Agents
5.2.2 Adhesion Promoters
5.2.3 Hydrophobing and Dispersing Agents
5.2.4 Moisture Scavengers
5.2.5 Silicate Stabilizers
5.2.6 Other Applications
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.1 Paints and Coatings
5.3.3 Rubber and Plastics
5.3.5 Other End-user Industries
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.6 Wacker Chemie AG
6.4.7 GELEST INC.
6.4.8 WD Silicone Co. Ltd
6.4.9 OCI COMPANY Ltd
6.4.11 Air Liquide
6.4.12 Praxair Technology Inc.
6.4.13 Matheson Tri-Gas Inc.
7.2 Other Opportunities
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd
- Wacker Chemie AG
- GELEST INC.
- WD Silicone Co. Ltd
- OCI COMPANY Ltd
- Air Liquide
- Praxair Technology Inc.
- Matheson Tri-Gas Inc.