In the dynamic and expanding world of construction, the Dry-Mix Mortar Additives and Chemicals Market offers substantial growth opportunities. This comprehensive market research report offers critical insights and forecasted trends that can influence strategic business decisions, making it a must-have resource for forward-thinking senior executives.
The report encapsulates key aspects of the market, including the essential role of re-dispersible polymer powder, which is seeing an uptick in demand. Major growth drivers for the market are pinpointed, such as boom in construction activities in Asia-Pacific regions and the long-term cost-effectiveness that Dry-Mix Mortar Additives and Chemicals provide in the construction industry. The report also acknowledges potential challenges, including the slowing construction activities in Europe and the United States.
Increased demand for eco-friendly construction and a turn towards more sustainable practices are cited as phenomenal opportunities for growth within the market. Notably, Asia-Pacific holds the reign as the market leader and is forecasted to maintain its position due to rising consumption and production in countries like China, India, and ASEAN countries.
The Dry-Mix Mortar Additives and Chemicals Market research report contains a wealth of information presented clearly and concisely, making it an indispensable tool for those seeking to capitalize on or understand this expanding market.
The dry-mix mortar additives and chemicals market was adversely impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. However, post-COVID-19 pandemic, the conditions started recovering in 2021, restoring the market's growth trajectory during the forecast period.
- Over the short term, increasing construction activities in the Asia-Pacific and long-term cost-effectiveness in the construction industry are the major factors driving the market.
- Conversely, a slowdown of construction activities in the United States and Europe is expected to hinder market growth.
- The increase in demand for eco-friendly construction is likely to act as an opportunity for the market studied over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific represents the largest market and is expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period, owing to the increasing consumption from countries such as China, India, and ASEAN Countries.
Dry-mix Mortar Additives And Chemicals Market Trends
Re-dispersible Polymer Powder Likely to Dominate the Additives Segment
- Re-dispersible powders are obtained by spray drying the corresponding aqueous polymer dispersions containing a redispersing agent while adding finely ground inorganic materials as anticaking agents. The re-dispersibility of the polymer powder is the most critical parameter to achieving mortar performances, like adhesion onto the substrate and abrasion resistance.
- Re-dispersible polymer powder is the most important binder in cement- and gypsum-based dry powder material. Re-dispersible polymer powder is a spray-dried powder of polymer emulsion. It is re-emulsified with water and has the same properties as the original emulsion, i.e., a film can be formed after water evaporation. This film has high toughness, weather resistance, and adhesion to a substrate. In addition, the latex powder with hydrophobic properties can improve the waterproof performance of the waterproof mortar.
- Performance of re-dispersible polymer powder in a dry mortar:
- Improves the adhesion of dry mortar to various substrates and ensures the weather resistance of mortar bond strength under different conditions of use. For example, it may be used to improve the bond strength between mortar and EPS board, EPS particles, concrete walls, and brick walls in the thermal mortar.
- Re-dispersible polymer powder can reduce the water absorption of the material, and the special hydrophobic latex powder effect is more pronounced. It reduces water and damage caused by water to the molded mortar.
- Some re-dispersible polymer powders can improve sag resistance and fluidity of the mortar to improve the construction performance of the mortar.
- Thus, the demand for the re-dispersible polymer powder segment is likely to increase in the market studied.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to account for the largest share of the overall dry-mix mortar additives and chemicals market during the forecast period.
- Currently, China, India, and ASEAN Countries are among the largest producer and consumers of dry mix mortar in the region and the fastest-growing countries in terms of consumption of dry mix mortar.
- China holds the largest Asia-Pacific market share for the dry-mix mortar additives and chemicals market.
- In 2021, Sika AG opened a new production facility of mortar in Jiaxing City, in the province of Zhejiang in Eastern China, in response to high demand from the region.
- In 2022, Sika AG opened a new plant for liquid membranes and mortar production in Chongqing, a city in southwestern China. The automotive, finance, and logistics sectors are well represented in the Chengdu-Chongqingregion and the construction industry benefits from these operations and companies’ efforts to achieve more sustainable production.
- The demand for the dry-mix mortar additives and chemicals market is expected to rise throughout the forecast period due to rising investments and construction activity in the country. China is a huge contributor, as it has been one of the leading investors in infrastructure worldwide over the past few years. For instance, according to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) of China, in 2022, the output value of construction works in China amounted to CNY 27.63 trillion (USD 4,108.581 billion), an increase of 6.6% compared with 2021.
- Moreover, according to the country’s Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, the construction industry will maintain a 6% share of the country’s GDP by 2025. There is a growing trend in the country for prefabricated buildings, which is expected to account for more than 30% of the country’s new construction.
- According to the National Development and Reform Commission, the Chinese government approved 26 infrastructure projects at an estimated investment of about USD 142 billion, which are estimated to be completed by 2023. The growing demand for housing is expected to drive residential construction in the public and private sectors.
- Furthermore, India is also witnessing considerable investments in infrastructure projects, likely to provide massive demand for the market studied. Thus, growing infrastructural development in India is expected to augment the demand for dry-mix mortar additives and chemicals.
- According to IBEF, in Union Budget 2022-2023, the government allocated INR 10,00,000 crore (USD 130.57 billion) to enhance the infrastructure sector. Moreover, India plans to spend USD 1.4 trillion on infrastructure through the ‘National Infrastructure Pipeline’ in the next five years.
- According to the Desalination Association of India, there are more than 1000 desalination plants of various capacities ranging from 20 m3/day to 10,000 m3 /day. Most of the large desalination plants in India are in the municipal sector. NITI Aayog (Government Central Planning Commission) plans to set up more plants in water scare cities like Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Surat, and Vizag. This is expected to drive the market of polymer-modified dry-mix mortar waterproofing slurries. Waterproofing slurries are used in pipes and tanks, which might be prone to weathering, stress, and crack formation. Thus, this is expected to bolster India's demand for dry-mix mortar additives and chemicals.
- Hence, owing to the aforementioned factors, the demand for dry-mix mortar additives and chemicals is expected to increase in Asia-Pacific over the forecast period rapidly.
Dry-mix Mortar Additives And Chemicals Industry OverviewThe dry-mix mortar additives and chemicals market is partly consolidated. The major companies in the market studied include Wacker Chemie AG, Dow, BASF SE, Evonik Industries AG, and Sika AG, among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Increasing Construction Activities in Asia-Pacific
4.1.2 Long-term Cost-effectiveness in the Construction Industry
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Slowdown of Construction Activities in the United States and Europe
4.2.2 High Cost of Investments
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
126.96.36.199 Redispersible Polymer Powder
188.8.131.52 Cellulose Ether
184.108.40.206 Air Entraining Agents
220.127.116.11 Other Additives
18.104.22.168 Shrinkage (Anhydrites)
22.214.171.124.4 Phosphonate-based Retarders
126.96.36.199.5 CSH and CSA Accelerators
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.2.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East &Africa
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AGRANA Beteiligungs AG
6.4.4 BASF SE
6.4.5 Celanese Corporation
6.4.6 CEMEX S.A.B. de CV
6.4.7 Chemstar Products Company
6.4.9 Don Construction Products Ltd
6.4.11 Emsland Group
6.4.12 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.14 Kima Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.15 LOTTE Fine Chemical
6.4.16 Mapei SpA
6.4.18 Rudolf GmbH
6.4.19 SE Tylose GmbH & Co. KG (ShinEtsu)
6.4.20 Shandong Head Co. Ltd
6.4.21 SIDLEY CHEMICAL CO. LTD
6.4.22 Sika AG
6.4.24 The Euclid Chemical Company
6.4.25 Wacker Chemie AG
6.4.26 Berolan GmbH
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- AGRANA Beteiligungs AG
- BASF SE
- Celanese Corporation
- CEMEX S.A.B. de CV
- Chemstar Products Company
- Don Construction Products Ltd
- Emsland Group
- Evonik Industries AG
- Kima Chemical Co. Ltd
- LOTTE Fine Chemical
- Mapei SpA
- Rudolf GmbH
- SE Tylose GmbH & Co. KG (ShinEtsu)
- Shandong Head Co. Ltd
- SIDLEY CHEMICAL CO. LTD
- Sika AG
- The Euclid Chemical Company
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Berolan GmbH