The market for metallic stearate is expected to grow at a CAGR more than 5% globally during the forecast period. Metallic stearate are amalgams of long-chain fatty acids with metals of different valencies. It is made through metal soaps mixed with stearic acid. The make-up is typically of a hydrogen chain and a carboxylic group. They are formed by substituting the carboxylic hydrogen by metal to get the salt. Stearic acids are straight-chained saturated, monobasic acids found in vegetable or animal fats. Owing to the versatile and favorable chemical properties of metallic stearate, its application in rubber and plastic is growing exponentially, consequently propelling the market growth.
- However, the health hazard related to metallic stearate may hinder the growth of metallic stearate market in the near future. Moreover, the slowdown in the industrial production due to unfavorable conditions arising from the COVID-19 outbreak is also expected to hamper the market growth.
- Research on effect of metallic stearate antacid for melt stabilization performance of phenolic or phosphite antioxidants in metallocene is likely to provide opportunities for the metallic stearate market over the next five years.
- Asia-Pacific region dominates the metallic stearate market, owing to the climbing consumption of metallic stearate in rubber and plastic segment from countries like China, India etc.
Key Market Trends
Plastic Segment to Dominate the Market
- Plastic sector stands to be the dominating segment, where its requirement is widely driven due to growing consumption in various end-user industries like automotive, aerospace etc.
- Calcium stearate and zinc stearate are majorly utilized in the plastic industry and mounting plastic applications across the world is expected to boost the market growth for metallic stearate.
- In plastic industry, metallic stearate is used as an acid scavenger, mold release agents, and lubricants. Metallic Stearate improves the surface texture of plastics articles and reduces the friction and are used in melt processing. Thus, increasing application of plastic in various components manufacturing expected to drive the market growth.
- Furthermore, metallic stearate are used in plastics such as Polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP), Polystyrene (PS), Polyamide (PA), Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), and Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC). The rising demand polymers in various applications creates novel opportunities for the growth of the metallic stearate market.
- Among product type, Zinc stearate is one of the key metallic stearates consumed as it is considered most potent mold release agent. Thus, used as release agents and lubricants in rubber and plastic industries.
- All the aforementioned factors are likely to increase the demand for the market over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region stands to be the largest market for metallic stearate. Factors, such as producers are expanding their regional presence in Asia-Pacific region to easily source raw material and availability of cheap labor are likely to drive the market growth in the region.
- Surges in construction activities propel the use of metallic stearate in paints, rubber, and plastic in Asia-Pacific drives the growth of the metallic stearate market in Asia-Pacific.
- Furthermore, the rising use of metallic stearate as a non-gelling thickener and lubricating agent in the personal care industry. Its application in shampoos, sun-protective lotions, medicated ointments, deodorants, fragrances, and hair and skincare products boosts the growth of the metallic stearate market.
- Metallic stearates are extensively used in paper, cosmetic & stationery product industry owing to its melting point, hydrogen solubility and water repellence properties.
- Asian region, being a industrial base, demands metallic stearates from paper and cosmetics industry. China is one of the largest producer and consumer of plastic and rubber across the globe. These established industries are expected to contribute to the demand for metallic stearates during the forecast period.
- Metallic stearates provide some unique properties such as lubricity, hydrophicity and melt point that make them ideal rubber release agents. As rubber is used in vast applications primarily in tire manufacturing consequently it is extensively used in automotive industry which is expected to drive the market growth.
- India is still a developing economy; the construction sector is one of the booming industries in the country. The infrastructure sector is an important pillar for the growth of the Indian economy. The government is taking various initiatives to ensure time-bound creation of excellent infrastructure in the country. PLastic and rubber being used in numerous constrction applications, is expected to boost the demand for metaalic stearates from these industries.
- Hence, all such market trends are expected to drive the demand for metallic stearate market in the region during the forecast period.
The global metallic stearate market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major companies are WSD Chemical limited, PMC Biogenix, Inc., Valtris Specialty Chemicals, Peter Greven GmbH & Co. KG and Baerlocher GmbH amongst others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Growing Plastic Industry
4.1.2 Rising Demand from Rubber Segment
4.2.1 Health Hazard related to Metallic Stearate
4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.1.1 Zinc Stearate
5.1.2 Calcium Stearate
5.1.3 Magnesium Stearate
5.1.4 Aluminium Stearate
5.2.4 Personal Care
5.2.5 Construction Materials
5.2.6 Paints and Coatings
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Allbright Industries
6.4.3 Baerlocher GmbH
6.4.4 GOLDSTAB ORGANICS PVT LTD
6.4.5 James M. Brown
6.4.7 MITTAL Dhatu (MITTAL GROUP OF INDUSTRIES)
6.4.9 Peter Greven GmbH & Co. KG
6.4.10 PMC Biogenix, Inc.
6.4.11 PROMAX Industries ApS
6.4.12 Sankalp Organics Private Limited
6.4.13 Merck KGaA
6.4.14 Synergy Poly Additives Pvt. Ltd.
6.4.15 Valtris Specialty Chemicals
6.4.16 WSD Chemical limited
7.2 Other Oppurtunities
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Allbright Industries
- Baerlocher GmbH
- GOLDSTAB ORGANICS PVT LTD
- James M. Brown
- MITTAL Dhatu (MITTAL GROUP OF INDUSTRIES)
- Peter Greven GmbH & Co. KG
- PMC Biogenix, Inc.
- PROMAX Industries ApS
- Sankalp Organics Private Limited
- Merck KGaA
- Synergy Poly Additives Pvt. Ltd.
- Valtris Specialty Chemicals
- WSD Chemical limited