The dacryocystitis market studied is anticipated to register a CAGR of nearly 4.2%, during the forecast period.
- Certain factors that are driving the market growth include a rise in the prevalence of eye infections and increasing clinical research and subsequent new product launches.
- Dacryoadenitis is an inflammation of the lacrimal gland. Infections are rare and may be acute or chronic. Patients with acute dacryoadenitis suffer from a tender area of erythema and swelling in the lateral part of the upper lid. It may lead to preseptal or orbital cellulitis or may suppurate into an abscess.
- As per the study titled “Fungal infections of the eye”, fungal dacryocystitis accounts for approximately 5% of all acquired dacryocystitis and around 14% of cases of congenital dacryocystitis. Women are affected more frequently with all forms of dacryocystitis than men, probably because of anatomically narrower nasolacrimal ducts. It mostly affects individuals in their 50s or 60s.
Key Market Trends
Acute Dacryocystitis Holds Significant Share in the Dacryocystitis Market
Dacryocystitis can be acute or chronic and congenital or acquired. Symptoms of acute dacryocystitis start suddenly and often include fever and pus from the eye. Bacterial infections are usually the cause of acute dacryocystitis, and antibiotic treatment usually resolves the infection within a few days. People with acute dacryocystitis often experience more severe symptoms than those with chronic dacryocystitis. However, in all age groups, acute dacryocystitis generally resolves quickly after taking oral antibiotics.
North America Dominates the Dacryocystitis Market
The United States has witnessed a considerable rise in the number of dacryocystitis patients. According to the 2019 study (Grant D Gilliland et al), in adults, females are afflicted more commonly by dacryocystitis. Most studies demonstrate that 70-83% of cases of dacryocystitis occur in females. Congenital dacryocystitis occurs with equal frequency in both sexes. Moreover, the ease in the US government's regulations and the availability of funds from various organizations, like the National Institute of Health, have provided the potential for researchers to invest more in drug discovery for the disease.
The dacryocystitis market is competitive and consists of a few major players. Companies like Aurobindo Pharma, Bess Medizintechnik GmbH, FCI Ophthalmics, Glaxosmithkline PLC, Kaneka Corporation, Mylan NV, Nosch, Orex Pharma Pvt Ltd, and Pfizer Inc., hold the substantial share in the market.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rise in Prevalence of Eye Infections
4.2.2 Increasing Clinical Research and Subsequent New Product Launches
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Less Patient Awareness Regarding Various Treatment Procedures
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.3 Other Indications
5.2 By Distribution Channel
5.2.1 Institutional Sales
5.2.2 Retail Sales
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
6.1.1 Aurobindo Pharma
6.1.2 Bess Medizintechnik GmbH
6.1.3 FCI Ophthalmics
6.1.4 Glaxosmithkline PLC
6.1.5 Kaneka Corporation
6.1.6 Mylan NV
6.1.8 Orex Pharma Pvt Ltd
6.1.9 Pfizer Inc.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Bess Medizintechnik GmbH
- FCI Ophthalmics
- Glaxosmithkline PLC
- Kaneka Corporation
- Mylan NV
- Orex Pharma Pvt Ltd
- Pfizer Inc.