The Esomeprazole market is expected to register a 5% of CAGR over the forecast period. The major contributing factor in market growth is increasing the prevalence of GERD. Gastroesophageal reflux disease is a chronic and highly prevalent disorder. It is majorly found in the middle-aged and older population. Ageing has been often associated with the GERD.
According to the report “World Ageing Population, 2019”, approximately 702.9 million geriatric population was reported globally. Furthermore, the combination of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and proton pump inhibitors reduces the risk of lower gastrointestinal bleeding. Hence, it is expected to drive the esomeprazole market growth.
Key Market Trends
Capsules Segment is Expected to Exhibhit a Significant Market Growth in the Esomeprazole Market
- Capsules segment is expected to grow at a significant rate in the Esomeprazole market. In 2019, Zydus Cadila received a delayed-release US FDA (Food & Drug Administration) approval to manufacture and market esomeprazole magnesium delayed - release capsules. It is used to treat the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease, to reduce the risk of stomach ulcers in some people taking pain medicines, to treat patients with a stomach infection (Helicobacter pylori).
- Furthermore, as per the data of “Gastroenterology,2017” Africa had the highest rate of H.Pylori infection with about affecting 70.1% of the population. South America reported with approximately 69.4% of prevalence while Western Asia accounted for around 66.6% of the infection. Thus, the capsule segment is expected to influence positively on market growth.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
North America is expected to be a dominant region in the Esomeprazole market owing to the rising geriatric population and the increasing presence of product approvals. The older population is at a higher risk of developing gastrointestinal diseases such as gastroesophageal reflux disease. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, in 2018, around 52 million older population was living in the United States.
In 2020, Cipla received a US FDA (Food & Drug Administration) to manufacture the generic version of Nexium. It is used for treating GERD, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome, reducing the risk of NSAIDS associated gastric ulcers, and H.pylori eradication. Thus, the aforementioned factors are expected to boost the market.
Key players that are expected to be dominant in Esomeprazole market are Daiichi Sankyo, Astrazeneca PLC, Zydus Pharmaceuticals Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Inc., Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc., Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Inc., Torrent Pharma Inc., Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC and Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Prevalence of Gastrophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
4.2.2 Rising Acceptance of Novel Drug Delivery Systems
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Stringent Regulatory Framework
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
5.2.2 Stomach Ulcers
5.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East & Africa
5.3.5 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
6.1.1 Daiichi Sankyo
6.1.2 Astrazeneca PLC
6.1.3 Zydus Pharmaceuticals Inc.
6.1.4 Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Inc.
6.1.5 Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
6.1.6 Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
6.1.7 Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Inc.
6.1.8 Torrent Pharma Inc.
6.1.9 Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC
6.1.10 Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Astrazeneca PLC
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Inc.
- Torrent Pharma Inc.
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals