The global electric motors industry is facing a number of challenges as it deals with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. How has the macroeconomic environment changed and what does it mean for the global electric motors industry going forward?
COVID-19 Economic Impact Report: Global Electric Motors looks at how the expected impact of the pandemic on the current macroeconomic environment compares to other major events since 2000, including the bursting of technology bubble, the SARS outbreak, the 2009 global downturn, and the European financial crisis. It also provides a historical view of global industry sales since 2000, a look at how the industry is being currently impacted, and estimates for global industry sales through 2023.
This report considered:
- alternating current (AC) motors – including breakouts for fractional and integral motors
- direct current (DC) motors – including breakouts for fractional and integral motors
For the purposes of this study, universal motors are categorized as DC motors.
The major electric motor markets are:
- motor vehicles
- household appliances
- heating and cooling equipment
Other applications for electric motors, including aerospace and other transportation equipment, computers and other electronic products, and medical and scientific instruments.
Table of Contents
- Macroeconomic Overview
- Number of Covid 19 cases
- Global Electric Motors Market: Historical Perspective
- Covid-19 Pandemic vs Recent Recessions
- Global Electric Motors Market: Covid-19 Impact
- Additional Information