India Metallocene linear low-density polyethylene (mLLDPE) market demand stood at 228.91 Thousand Tonnes in FY2021 and is forecast to reach 381.19 Thousand Tonnes by FY2030, growing at a healthy CAGR of 6.15% until FY2030. mLLDPE’s unmatched quality and superior film performance make it a highly reliable choice for downstream packaging sectors, thereby contributing to its exceptional growth in the India Polyethylene market. Due to its outstanding properties like high flexibility and elasticity, mLLDPE is finding strong applications particularly in producing stretch wrap films, agricultural films, and food packaging films.
The Demand for Metallocene Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (MLLDPE) in India is Projected to Grow at a Healthy CAGR of 7.21% During the Forecast Period.
Metallocene LLDPE resins are well recognized for their excellent dart impact and puncture resistance, lightweight, superior organoleptic properties, brilliant clarity, and outstanding hot tack and heat seal benefits. There has been a tremendous rise in mLLDPE packaging film demand from the country’s strongly growing food, beverages, and medical sectors. Moreover, increasing demand for shrink wraps and heavy-duty shipping sacks will drive the mLLDPE demand during the forecast period. mLLDPE resin is also blended or coextruded with other Polyethylene resins for manufacturing agricultural films. Increasing investments by the government of India towards the development of its agriculture sector, are likely to boost the demand for mLLDPE in the years to come.
These days, retailers and consumers are opting for more sustainable films made from fewer resources and at the same time do not want to compromise on the performance of the packaging material. mLLDPE can satisfy these seemingly conflicting requirements of the consumers, allowing for significant down-gauging opportunities.
Currently, India’s mLLDPE industry is relatively dull due to bearish buying sentiments on the back of a wider price gap between C4 LLDPE and C6 mLLDPE in India. However, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision and prevalent echoes on establishing a self-reliant country through the “Make in India” scheme shall enable the mLLDPE market to register a significant spike in its yearly growth sooner than expected.
The COVID-19 outbreak across the world which has been declared as a pandemic by World Health Organization has affected several countries adversely. Leading authorities in India imposed lockdown restrictions and released a set of precautionary measures to contain the spread of novel coronavirus. Manufacturing units were temporarily shut down and disruption in the supply chain was observed which led to the market decline. However, after the covid period, the market is expected to pick up the pace eventually.
Years Considered for this Report:
- Historical Years: FY2015 - FY2020
- Base Year: FY2021
- Estimated Year: FY2022
- Forecast Period: FY2023- FY2030
Objective of the Study:
- The primary objective of the study was to evaluate and forecast metallocene linear low-density polyethylene capacity, production, demand, inventory, and the demand-supply gap in India.
- To categorize metallocene linear low-density polyethylene demand based on application, distribution channel, grade, and region.
- To study trade dynamics and company share in India metallocene linear low-density polyethylene market.
- To identify major customers of metallocene linear low-density polyethylene in India.
- To evaluate and forecast metallocene linear low-density polyethylene pricing in India.
- To identify and profile major companies operating in India metallocene linear low-density polyethylene market.
- To identify major news, deals, and expansion plans in India metallocene linear low-density polyethylene market.
The mLLDPE prices in India were pushed up to around $1,260-1,280/tonne CIF India in Q4FY20 due to trade restrictions throughout Southeast Asia due to COVID-19 related uncertainties. mLLDPE prices are likely to get higher in the next two quarters, triggered by a tight supply situation and increasing demand in the downstream sectors as the Indian economy heads towards recovery after the strong blows of the pandemic. Moreover, the recent plunge in crude oil and naphtha values due to the coronavirus outbreak has resulted in a significant slump in mLLDPE feedstock costs and hence, players are likely to enjoy better margins and anticipating their annual profits to increase beyond their expectations.
To extract data for the India metallocene linear low-density polyethylene market, primary research surveys were conducted with metallocene linear low-density polyethylene manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, wholesalers, and end-users. While interviewing, the respondents were also inquired about their competitors. Through this technique, the publisher was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. Moreover, the report analyzes various end-user segments and projected a positive outlook for the India metallocene linear low-density polyethylene market over the coming years.
The publisher calculated metallocene linear low-density polyethylene demand in India by analyzing the historical data and demand forecast was carried out considering raw material prices and crude oil prices. The publisher sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives and externally validated them through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, association reports, annual reports, etc., were also studied by the publisher.
Key Target Audience:
- Metallocene linear low-density polyethylene manufacturers and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums, and alliances related to metallocene linear low-density polyethylene distribution
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policymakers
- Market research organizations and consulting companies
Report Scope:In this report, the India mLLDPE market has been segmented into the following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, by Grade- Mono layer & Multilayer Films, Extrusion Coating, Rotational Molding, Others
- Market, by Application- Flexible Packaging, Extrusion Coated Lamination, Rotational Molding, and Others
- Market, by Sales Channel- Direct/Institutional Sales, Retail Sales, Other Channel Sales
- Market, by Region- North, West, East, and South
Available Customizations:With the given market data, the publisher offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs.
Table of Contents1. India mLLDPE Market Outlook, 2015-2030
1.1. Capacity By Company
1.2. Capacity By Location
1.3. Capacity By Technology
1.4. Capacity By Process
1.5. Production, By Company
1.6. Operating Efficiency By Company
1.7. Country-Wise Import
1.8. Country-Wise Export
1.9. Demand-Supply Gap
2. India mLLDPE Demand Outlook, 2015-2030
2.1. By End Use
2.2. By Grade
2.3. By Application
2.4. By Distribution Channel
2.5. By Region
2.6. By Company Share
3. News & Deals
- GAIL India Ltd.
- Reliance Industries Limited
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- The Dow Chemical Company
- China Petrochemical Corporation (CPC)
- Mitsui & Co.
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Nova Chemicals Corporation.