Metallocene LLDPE resins are well recognized for their excellent dart impact and puncture resistance, lightweight, superior organoleptic properties, brilliant clarity and outstanding hot tack and heat seal benefits. There has been a tremendous rise in the demand for mLLDPE packaging films from the country’s strongly growing food, beverages and the medical sectors. Moreover, the increasing demand for shrink wraps and heavy-duty shipping sacks will drive the demand for mLLDPE during the forecast period. mLLDPE resin is also blended or coextruded with other Polyethylene resins for manufacturing agricultural films. Increasing investments by the government of India towards development of its agriculture sector, are likely to boost the demand for mLLDPE in the years to come.
These days, retailers and consumers are opting for more sustainable films made from fewer resources and at the same time do not want to compromise on performance of the packaging material. mLLDPE can satisfy these seemingly conflicting requirements of the consumers, allowing for significant down-gauging opportunities.
Currently, the Indian mLLDPE industry is relatively dull due to bearish buying sentiments on the back of a wider price gap between C4 LLDPE and C6 mLLDPE in India. However, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision and prevalent echoes on establishing a self-reliant country through “Make in India” scheme shall enable the mLLDPE market to register a significant spike in its yearly growth sooner than expected.
Years Considered for this Report:
- Historical Years: 2015– 2019
- Base Year: 2020
- Estimated Year: 2021
- Forecast Period: 2022 – 2030
- The primary objective of the study was to evaluate and forecast metallocene linear low-density polyethylene capacity, production, demand, inventory, and demand – supply gap in India.
- To categorize metallocene linear low-density polyethylene demand based on application, distribution channel, grade and region.
- To study trade dynamics and company share in Indian metallocene linear low-density polyethylene market.
- To identify major customers of metallocene linear low-density polyethylene in India.
- To evaluate and forecast metallocene linear low-density polyethylene pricing in India.
- To identify and profile major companies operating in Indian metallocene linear low-density polyethylene market.
- To identify major news, deals and expansion plans in Indian metallocene linear low-density polyethylene market.
Import of mLLDPE increased by almost 8 per cent in FY20 and mLLDPE prices were assessed at USD XXX per MT on bulk contract basis. The mLLDPE prices in India were pushed up to around $1,260-1,280/tonne CIF India in Q4FY20 due to trade restrictions throughout Southeast Asia due to COVID-19 related uncertainties. mLLDPE prices are likely to get higher in the next two quarters, triggered by tight supply situation and the increasing demand in the downstream sectors as the Indian economy head towards recovery after strong blows of the pandemic. Moreover, the recent plunge in crude oil and naphtha values due to coronavirus outbreak has resulted in a significant slump in mLLDPE feedstock costs and hence, players are likely to enjoy better margins and anticipating their annual profits to increase beyond their expectations.
To extract data for the Indian metallocene linear low-density polyethylene market, primary research surveys were conducted with metallocene linear low-density polyethylene manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, wholesalers and end-users. While interviewing, the respondents were also inquired about their competitors. Through this technique, the author was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. Moreover, the author analyzed various end-user segments and projected a positive outlook for the Indian metallocene linear low-density polyethylene market over the coming years.
The author calculated the demand for metallocene linear low-density polyethylene in India by analyzing the historical data and demand forecast which was carried out considering raw material prices and crude oil prices. They sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, association reports, annual reports, etc., were also studied.
Key Target Audience:
- Metallocene linear low-density polyethylene manufacturers and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to metallocene linear low-density polyethylene distribution
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research organizations and consulting companies
In this report, the Indian mLLDPE market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, by Grade- Mono layer & Multilayer Films, Extrusion Coating, Rotational Molding, Others
- Market, by Application- Flexible Packaging, Extrusion Coated Lamination, Rotational Molding and Others
- Market, by Sales Channel- Direct/Institutional Sales, Retail Sales, Other Channel Sales
- Market, by Region- North, West, East and South
The author offers detailed analysis of major players including basic company details, Segmental/product information, financial matrices, growth strategies, expansion plans, collaborations, SWOT analysis etc.to give a comprehensive and meaningful insights on the respective product market.
With the given market data, the author offers customizations according to a client’s specific needs.
1. Manufacturing Process & Technology Licensing Evaluation
2. India mLLDPE Demand-Supply Gap Outlook, By Volume
2.1. Capacity, By Company
2.2. Capacity, By Location
2.3. Capacity, By Technology
2.4. Capacity, By Process
2.5. Production, By Company
2.6. Operating Efficiency, By Company
2.7. Country-Wise Import
2.8. Country-Wise Export
2.9. Demand-Supply Gap
3. India LLDPE Demand Outlook
3.1. By Grade
3.2. By Application
3.3. By Distribution Channel
3.4. By Region / State
3.5. By Company
4. Customer Analysis
4.1. Procurement Volume
4.2. Procurement Prices
4.3. Existing Supplier
4.4. Contact Details
5. Cost Structure
5.1. Raw Material Cost
5.2. Selling & Distribution Cost
5.3. Fixed Cost
5.4. Other Cost
6. Market Trends & Developments (Focus on emerging application and manufacturing technologies
7. Grade-Wise & Company-Wise Pricing Analysis (Monthly)
7.1. Historical Prices (Domestic, CFR)
8. Competitive Landscape (Top 10 Companies in terms of revenue share)
8.1. Company Profiles
8.1.1. Key Financial Matrices
8.1.2. Margin Analysis
8.1.3. SWOT Analysis
8.1.4. Key Market Focus and Geographical Presence
8.1.5. Planned Investments
8.1.7. Technology Licensing
8.1.8. Expansion Plan
9. Project Viability Analysis
10. Strategic Recommendations
11. About the author & Disclaimer
List of Figures
Figure 1: Company-Wise Capacity of India mLLDPE Market, 2015-2030F (KT)
Figure 2: Location-Wise Capacity of India mLLDPE Market, 2015-2030F (KT)
Figure 3: Process/Technology-Wise Capacity of India mLLDPE Market, 2015-2030F (KT)
Figure 4: Company-Wise Production of India mLLDPE Market, 2015-2030F (KT)
Figure 5: Company-Wise Operating Efficiency of India mLLDPE Market, 2015-2030F (%)
Figure 6: India mLLDPE Trade Surplus/Deficit, By Volume (KT), 2015-2020
Figure 7: India mLLDPE Demand Market Share, By Grade, 2015-2030F (%)
Figure 8: India mLLDPE Demand Market Share, By Application, 2015-2030F (%)
Figure 9: India mLLDPE Demand Market Share, By Distribution Channel, 2015-2030F (%)
Figure 10: India mLLDPE Demand Market Share, By Region, 2015-2030F (%)
Figure 11: India mLLDPE Demand Market Share, By Company, 2020 & 2021E (%)
Figure 12: India mLLDPE Recent News / Deals
List of Tables
Table 1: India mLLDPE Trade Dynamics, Country-Wise Import, 2015-2020
(Value in INR Million & Volume in KT)
Table 2: India mLLDPE Trade Dynamics, Country-Wise Export, 2015-2020
(Value in INR Million & Volume in KT)
Table 3: Customer Analysis of India mLLDPE Market, 2020
Table 4: Supplier Cost Structure Analysis of India mLLDPE Market, 2019 & 2020
- GAIL India Ltd.
- Reliance Industries Limited
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- The Dow Chemical Company
- China Petrochemical Corporation (CPC)
- Mitsui & Co.
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Nova Chemicals Corporation.