The HospeTrack is the largest database of hospital level medical equipment installed base data, currently available on the market.
It covers 48 countries with more added each quarter. The data is run through an update cycle each year.
The Spain Total Hospital & Medical IB Mapping report was updated in 2020 and includes over 1,000 hospitals and diagnostic imaging centers from the country with their health infrastructure detailed out.
1. Visualize and Map the Total Installed Base of the Country by Hospital
- Monitoring & Access: ECG Machines, Holter monitors, Patient monitors, Ventilators, Anesthesia machines, Stress Testing Machines
- Surgical: C-Arms
- Cardio: Echocardiography, Cath Labs, Hemodynamics Room
- Diagnostic Imaging: Gamma Camera, PET-CT, SPECT, CT Scanners, MRI Scanners, Ultrasound, X-Ray Machines, Mammography machines, DEXA
- Infant Care: Incubators, Radiant Warmers, Fetal monitors, Phototherapy Units, Infant Ventilators
- Renal Care and Urology: Dialysis Machine, Lithotripter
- Radiation Therapy: LINAC, Cobalt-60 machine
2. Generate Targeted Leads Based on Current Care Area Focus of a Hospital
- 13 care areas tracked for each hospital
- General Medicine, Gyn/Obs, Neurology, Internal Medicine, ER/Trauma, Pulmonology, GI, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology, Nephrology, Ortho and Nuclear Medicine included in the report
3. Visualize the Current Health Resource Status of a Hospital
- Total number of doctors by hospital
- Total number of Radiologists by hospital
- Total number of Cardiologists by hospital
- Total number of internal medicine physicians by hospital
- Surgeons, neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons by hospital
4. Comprehend Medical Services Potential Using Bed and Operating Rooms Data
- Total bed size of a hospital
- Number of ICU beds by hospital
- Number of NICU, PICU beds by hospital
- Number of Major and Minor Operating Rooms available per hospital
- Total number of outpatient visits per hospital where available
- Total number of inpatient visits per hospital where available
5. Understand and Identify Types of Hospitals
- Hospitals by ownership type - public and private
- Assess and differentiate based on the size of the hospital - Seguridad Social, Administración Central, Ministerio de Defensa, Comunidad Autónoma, Diputación o Cabildo, Municipio, Entidades Públicas, MATEP and Private hospitals (for-profit and non-profit)
- Chart and map based on the level of care - Primary, secondary and tertiary care
6. Create Opportunity Heat Maps
- 1,021 hospitals and diagnostic imaging centers in Spain listed by city, region, latitude and longitude and Zip Code
- Contact numbers available for 98% of the hospitals
- Website links mentioned for the hospital where available
7. Estimate Market Potential of Equipment in the Country
The information provided by the publisher in the HospeTrack spreadsheet is designed to provide intelligence on hospitals in Spain. Information provided in the spreadsheet includes details on hospital demographic, care areas, installed base of equipment, skilled resource strength, patient flow, and contact details. The spreadsheet is neither intended to provide any personal information of the patients nor provide diagnosis or treatment on diseases to the users.
The information in the report is predominantly gathered through secondary sources along with 5% of the hospital data being gathered through primary research surveys.
Secondary sources of hospital information include:
- Ministry of Health (MoH)
- Hospital website
- Official social media handles (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc)
- News aggregators
- Official press releases
- Open data sources
- Scientific research publications
- Hospitals/Doctors discovery portals
- Care area-specific associations
- Quality control reports
The publisher has attempted to provide users with the utmost accuracy in terms of hospital demographics and installed base data. However, given the dynamic nature of hospital business (including installation of medical devices, the addition of resources and capabilities), the publisher cannot guarantee the granular accuracy of the information in the HospeTrack spreadsheet.
1. HospeTrack Hospital Intelligence for Spain, Introduction
Introduction and guidance to HospeTrack Hospital Intelligence Data. The page allows users to access other sections in the Excel report.
2. HospeTrack Hospital Intelligence for Spain, Guidance & Hospital Segmentation
Provides a brief methodology of research along with extensive detail around total coverage of hospitals in Spain, by type of hospital. Also provides detail on customer segmentation.
- Figure 1: Percentage Coverage for all the Public and Private Hospitals in Spain, 2020.
- Table 1: Hospital/Customer Segmentation in Spain, by Type of Hospital, by Level of Care and Size of Universe, 2020
3. HospeTrack Hospital Intelligence for Spain, Insight Summary
3.1 Total number of hospitals in Spain
3.2 Total number of hospital beds in Spain
3.3 Key hospital and installed base summary in Spain
- Fig 2. Total Hospitals in Spain by Ownership Type, 2020
- Fig 3. Total Care Areas or Hospital Departments in Spain, 2020
- Fig 4. Patient Monitoring IB Summary in Spain, 2020
- Fig 5. Hospital Distribution in Spain, 2020
- Fig 6. Total Hospitals in Spain by Type of Hospital, 2020
- Fig 7. Total Hospitals in Spain by Bed Size, 2020
- Fig 8. Total Core Installed Base Summary in Spain, 2020
3.4 IB Penetration Summary for Spain by Care Level of Hospital, 2020
- Fig 9. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Critical Care, 2020
- Fig 10. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Incubators, 2020
- Fig 11. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Radiant Warmers, 2020
- Fig 12. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Fetal Monitors, 2020
- Fig 13. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Phototherapy Units, 2020
- Fig 14. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Infant Ventilators, 2020
- Fig 15. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Anesthesia Machines, 2020
- Fig 16. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, C-Arms, 2020
- Fig 17. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, ECG Machines, 2020
- Fig 18. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Holter Monitors, 2020
- Fig 19. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Stress Test Machines, 2020
- Fig 20. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Echocardiography Units, 2020
- Fig 21. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Cath Labs, 2020
- Fig 22. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, PET/CT, 2020
- Fig 23. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, SPECT, 2020
- Fig 24. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, CT Scanners, 2020
- Fig 25. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, MRI, 2020
- Fig 26. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Ultrasound, 2020
- Fig 27. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, X-Ray, 2020
- Fig 28. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Mammography, 2020
- Fig 29. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Dialysis Machine, 2020
- Fig 30. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Hemodynamics Room, 2020
- Fig 31. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Gamma Camera, 2020
- Fig 32. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, DEXA, 2020
- Fig 33. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Lithotripter, 2020
- Fig 34. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Cobalt 60 Machine, 2020
- Fig 35. Installed Base Penetration in Spain, Particle Accelerator, 2020
4. HospeTrack Hospital Intelligence for Spain, Installed Base Pivot Analysis
Provides a pivot chart to analyze data from the Installed base file. It allows users to identify and map account level statistics by care areas, type of ownership, by bed size, by the level of care, etc.
5. HospeTrack Hospital Intelligence for Spain, IB Base File
Provides the raw data for all installed base equipment by the account in Spain. Each hospital contains ownership type, hospital type, level of care, departments, and care services provided in the hospital, installed base counts for patient monitoring devices, critical care devices, and diagnostic imaging. The worksheet also provides hospital demographics such as bed sizes, ICU bed sizes, NICU/PICU bed sizes, Operating Room counts, Total number of physicians, specialists, etc. GPS coordinates, zip codes, in-patient volumes, out-patient volumes, and contact details of each hospital have also been provided.
Spanish medical devices market to be driven by the need for improved infrastructure and capacity in Operating Rooms and High Acuity Care.
As of 2020, Spain has about 930 hospitals functioning across all levels of care. Over 200 of these hospitals demonstrate characteristics of tertiary care facilities and mostly belong to the public sector. With the highest life expectancy in Europe, high cancer survival rates as well as noteworthy penetration of key diagnostic and therapeutic medical devices, Spain has one of the best healthcare systems in the continent. However, with an increased incidence of chronic diseases as well as rising hospitalization rates, the Spanish healthcare system’s overall sustainability will continue to be challenged in the short-term future.
According to HospeTrack Hospital Intelligence for Spain, the largest opportunity in the immediate term is likely to be around improvement of surgical facilities as well as high-acuity care. For instance, Spain has over 4,300 operating rooms. It is estimated that over 2,400 of these ORs belong to the public sector. However, the waiting time for getting surgery in these public hospitals is over 90 days. The waiting lines are typically higher for orthopedic and ophthalmology procedures. To ensure that the waiting times for specialized surgeries are reduced further, Spanish hospitals may require further up-gradation and replacement of anesthesia machines as well as C-arms.
The ongoing COVID-19 crisis has caused further pressure on existing intensive care resources. It is estimated that Spain has over 5,700 beds that display characteristics of mid-to-high acuity care and suited for providing intensive care to patients. However, with the increasing rates of hospitalization for both chronic and unforeseen pandemics, the need for mechanical ventilators is likely to increase in the short-term.
A pivot from this dataset will quantitatively demonstrate a strong potential for the medical devices market in the country. For instance, Spain has 83 PET-CT scanners and over 320 SPECT and Gamma Cameras to ensure adequate diagnosis especially for oncology. Such insights would enable medical equipment companies to optimize their customer segmentation and help define targeted sales and marketing strategies.
The dataset provides account-level directional estimates of total beds, ICU beds, ORs, ventilators, incubators, etc., along with Anaesthesia Machines, C-Arms, Cath Labs, PET, Nuclear, SPECT, CT, MRI scanners, Ultrasound and X-Ray machines, making it a critical source of hospital-level intelligence for medical equipment installed base in Spain. This dataset is a valuable tool for any organization that is in the process of optimizing sales targets, estimating market potential, or building an account management plan in Spain.
The report is a craftily designed dataset that provides a graphical summary of the health infrastructure in the country apart from an account-level view of resources, directional information on the medical device installed base, hospital demographic, and care services. The report commits itself as a tool to understand, visualize, and identify opportunity pockets at the hospital-level for medical devices manufacturers, and digital healthcare companies.
Key medical device companies featured in the dataset include: Accuray, Agfa, B.Braun, Bellco, Canon / Toshiba, Carestream, Dornier, Draeger, DMS Imaging, Echolight, Elekta, Esaote, Fresenius, Fujifilm, Gambro (Baxter), GE Healthcare, Hitachi, Hologic, IMS Giotto, Metaltronica, Mindray, Oncovision, NewTom, Philips, Planmed, Radiologia, Richard Wolf, Siemens, Sonosite, Swissray, Varian, and Ziehm.
- Agfa Healthcare
- B Braun
- Bellco (Medtronic)
- Canon Medical Systems
- Carestream Health Inc.
- DMS Imaging
- Dornier MedTech
- Fresenius Medical Care
- Fujifilm Medical Systems
- Fujifilm SonoSite Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Hitachi Medical Systems
- Hologic Inc.
- IMS Giotto
- Mindray Medical
- Philips Healthcare
- Richard Wolf Gmbh
- Siemens Healthineers
- Toshiba (Canon Medical Systems)
- Varian Medical Systems
- Ziehm Imaging