- Discusses the role of gut feelings and the brain-gut behavior connection
- Demonstrates that behavior influences decision and other people's perceptions about mood or character
- Includes research on medical decisions and shopping decisions
- Illustrates how to train embodied choices
1. What Are Embodied Choices? 2. Simple Heuristics
How We Make Decisions 3. How the Body and the Environment Affect Our Thinking 4. Action Enables Perception and Cognition and Thus Embodied Choices 5. Decisions When Moving Your Mind 6. Embodied Choices in Real Life 7. Individual and Cultural Differences in Embodied Choices 8. How Do You Choose When It Is Your First Time? 9. How Do Embodied Choices Evolve? 10. How to Train Embodied Choices? 11. How to Cope with Uncertainty in Covid-19 Times 12. Ten Rules of Grounding Your Life on Embodied Choices
Professor Markus Raab (GSU) is Head of the Institute of Psychology at the German Sport University and Head of the Performance Psychology Department. Additionally, he is Research Professor of Psychology at London South Bank University, UK. The main focus of the research programme in performance psychology is on judgement and decision making in sports, health and peak performance. He favours a simple heuristic approach and an embodied cognition approach to understanding the interaction of sensorimotor and cognitive behaviour from a psychological perspective. Prof. Raab has about 80 scientific publications in well to highly ranked journals, was awarded by European and international scientific associations and has supervised 10 PhDs in graduate schools or in individual supervision.