As of 2020, the country has witnessed low sales of electric two-wheeler mainly due to novel COVID-19; however, government support in the form of incentives and schemes aimed at encouraging manufacturing of electric vehicles, will drive the Indonesian Electric Two-Wheeler Market through 2025.
The Indonesian Electric Two-Wheeler Market can be segregated based on vehicle type, battery capacity, battery type, region and company. In terms of battery type, the market can be bifurcated into lithium ion and lead acid. Lead acid battery is expected to dominate the market until 2025 due to its cost effectiveness; however, the other battery type, i.e. lithium ion or Li-ion is expected to witness the significant demand due to low charging time when compared with its lead acid counterpart.
Based on vehicle type, electric moped or scooters dominated the market and the trend is likely to continue in the coming years as well. This is due to growing number of female drivers and maneuverability offered by moped or scooters.
Major companies operating in the Indonesian Electric Two-Wheeler Market include Zero Motorcycles Inc., Segway, Inc., Viar Motor Indonesia, Dongguan Tailing Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd., Shandong Incalcu Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd, Xiaomi Corp., PT Wijaya Karya Tbk, among others. The companies operating in the market are focusing on launching new products with increased speed and low charging time so as to increase their share in the market.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2015-2018
- Base Year: 2019
- Estimated Year: 2020
- Forecast Period: 2021–2025
- To analyze and forecast the market size of the Indonesian Electric Two-Wheeler Market, in terms of value.
- To classify and forecast the Indonesian Electric Two-Wheeler Market based on vehicle type, battery capacity, battery type and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the Indonesian Electric Two-Wheeler Market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the Indonesian Electric Two-Wheeler Market.
- To conduct the pricing analysis for the Indonesian Electric Two-Wheeler Market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the Indonesian Electric Two-Wheeler Market.
The author calculated the market size of the Indonesian Electric Two-Wheeler Market by using a bottom-up approach, where the data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. Researchers sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied.
Key Target Audience:
- Electric two-wheeler manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to the electric two-wheeler market
- Market research and consulting firms
In this report, the Indonesian Electric Two-Wheeler Market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
Indonesia Electric Two-Wheeler Market, By Vehicle Type:
- Electric Motorcycle
- Electric Scooters/Mopeds
- < 25 Ah
- >25 Ah
- Lead Acid
- Bali & Nusa Tenggara
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the Indonesian Electric Two-Wheeler Market.
With the given market data, the author offers customizations according to a client’s specific needs.
This report is 80% complete and can be delivered within three working days post order confirmation and will include the latest impact analysis of Covid-19 in 2020 and forecast. If you buy the ‘Multi-user’ License of this report before June 2020, you will get a free update in form of market data excel sheet within 3 to 6 months of your purchase on request.
2. Research Methodology
3. Impact of COVID-19 on Indonesia Electric Two Wheeler Market
4. Executive Summary
5. Voice of Customer
6. Indonesia Electric Two Wheeler Market Outlook
6.1. Market Size & Forecast
6.1.1. By Value & Volume
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.2.1. By Vehicle Type (Electric Motorcycle and Electric Scooters/Mopeds)
6.2.2. By Battery Capacity (< 25 Ah and >25 Ah)
6.2.3. By Battery Type (Lead Acid and Li-ion)
6.2.4. By Region (Java, Sumatra, Kalimantan, Bali & Nusa Tenggara)
6.2.5. By Company
6.3. Market Attractiveness Index
7. Indonesia Electric Motorcycle Market Outlook
7.1. Market Size & Forecast
7.1.1. By Value & Volume
7.2. Market Share & Forecast
7.2.1. By Battery Capacity
7.2.2. By Battery Type
8. Indonesia Electric Scooters/Mopeds Market Outlook
8.1. Market Size & Forecast
8.1.1. By Value & Volume
8.2. Market Share & Forecast
8.2.1. By Battery Capacity
8.2.2. By Battery Type
9. Value Chain Analysis
10. Import & Export Analysis
11. Market Dynamics
12. Market Trends & Developments
13. Indonesia Economic Profile
14. Competitive Landscape
14.1. Zero Motorcycles Inc.
14.2. Segway, Inc.
14.3. Viar Motor Indonesia
14.4. Dongguan Tailing Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd.
14.5. Shandong Incalcu Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd
14.6. Xiaomi Corp.
14.7. PT Wijaya Karya Tbk
15. Strategic Recommendations
16. About the author & Disclaimer