The total capacity of PVC in India is around 1640 KTA with Reliance Industries holding the maximum share in its production in comparison to the other four leading players. The domestic production of PVC is unable to consolidate the massive demand for the product hence, around 50 percent of the demand in India is being met through imports. To sufficiently meet the requirements, the All India Plastic Manufacturers and Association (AIPMA) urged the government in Dec 2019 to cut a significant percentage of the high anti-dumping duty imposed on the product in the past few years. However, the association has laid the stress to impose floor pricing on finished plastic goods being imported from China and other major producing countries to restrain under-invoicing from foreign manufacturers.
As Vinyl Monomer and Chlorine are the major raw materials required to produce PVC, the production and availability of these two in India also play a crucial role in determining the yearly production of PVC in the country. In the coming five years, the Indian market of PVC is anticipated to witnesses healthy growth after the government scheme of self-reliant India, emphasizing the domestic production and consumption of products.
Years Considered for this Report:
- Historical Years: FY2015 - FY2020
- Base Year: FY2021
- Estimated Year: FY2022
- Forecast Period: FY2023- FY2030
Objective of the Study:
- The primary objective of the study was to evaluate and forecast PVC capacity, production, demand, and demand-supply gap in India.
- To categorize PVC demand based on end-user, type, grade, region, and sales channel.
- To study trade dynamics and company share in the India PVC market.
- To identify major customers of PVC in India.
- To evaluate and forecast PVC pricing by grade in India.
- To identify and profile major companies operating in the India PVC market.
- To identify major developments, deals, and expansion plans in the India PVC market.
Prices of Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) are highly susceptible to the prices of its feedstock Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM). As Vinyl Chloride Monomer is a majorly imported material, international prices of the product play a very crucial role in determining the prices of its derivative PVC in the domestic market. In FY 20, prices of PVC witnessed a downtrend on the decline in demand from the automotive industry affected by the prolonged slowdown in the sector due to economic downturn, which was further exacerbated by the outbreak of Coronavirus in the final quarter. Owing to the halt in industrial activities in Q4 FY20, prices of PVC underwent a fall of around 5 percent from the previous fiscal year.
To extract data for the India PVC market, primary research surveys were conducted with PVC manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, wholesalers, and end-users. While interviewing, the respondents were also inquired about their competitors. Through this technique, the publisher was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. Moreover, the publisher analyzed various end-user segments and projected a positive outlook for the India PVC market over the coming years.
The publisher calculated PVC demand in India by analyzing the historical data and demand forecast was carried out considering consumption pattern and analyzing the demand by tracking upcoming manufacturing units in different industrial segments. The publisher sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives and externally validated them through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, association reports, annual reports, etc., were also studied.
Key Target Audience:
- PVC manufacturers and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums, and alliances related to PVC distribution
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policymakers
- Market research organizations and consulting companies
In this report, the India PVC market has been segmented into the following categories, in addition to the industry trends which has also been detailed below:
- Market, by End Use- Agriculture, Packaging, Electrical and Electronics, Automotive, Household and Construction, Healthcare and Others
- Market, by Type- Suspension Polymerization, Emulsion Polymerization, Micro-Suspension Polymerization and Bulk Mass Polymerization
- Market, by Grade- Pipes & Fittings, Flooring, Films & Sheets, Wires & Cables, Profiles and Others
- Market, by Distribution Channel- Direct/Institutional Sales, Retail Sales, Other Channel Sales
- Market, by Region- North, West, East, and South
With the given market data, the publisher offers customizations according to a client's specific needs.
1.1. Capacity By Company
1.2. Capacity By Location
1.3. Capacity By Technology
1.4. Production, By Company
1.5. Operating Efficiency By Company
1.6. Country-Wise Import
1.7. Country-Wise Export
1.8. Demand-Supply Gap
2. India PVC Outlook, 2015-2030
2.1. By End Use
2.2. By Type
2.3. By Grade
2.4. By Application
2.5. By Distribution Channel
2.6. By Region
2.7. By Company Share
3. News & Deals
List of Figures
Figure 1: India PVC Capacity By Company, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 2: India PVC Capacity By Location, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 3 India PVC Capacity By Technology, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 4 India PVC Capacity By Process, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 5: India PVC Production, By Company, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 6 : India PVC Operating Efficiency By Company, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 7: India PVC Country-Wise Import, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 8: India PVC Country-Wise Export, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 9: India PVC Demand-Supply Gap, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 10: India PVC Demand By End Use (%)
Figure 11: India PVC Demand By Grade (%)
Figure 12: India PVC Demand By Application (%)
Figure 13: India PVC By Distribution Channel (%)
Figure 14: India PVC By Region (%)
Figure 15: India PVC By Company share (%)
Figure 16: Country-Wise Import
Figure 17: Country-Wise Export
List of Tables
Table 1: India PVC Capacity By Company, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Table 2: India PVC Capacity By Location, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Table 3 India PVC Capacity By Technology, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Table 4 India PVC Capacity By Process, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Table 5: India PVC Production, By Company, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Table 6 : India PVC Operating Efficiency By Company, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Table 7: India PVC Country-Wise Import, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Table 8: India PVC Country-Wise Export, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Table 9: India PVC Demand-Supply Gap, 2015-2030F (000’ Tonnes)
Table 10: India PVC Demand By End Use (%)
Table 11: India PVC Demand By Grade (%)
Table 12: India PVC Demand By Application (%)
Table 13: India PVC By Distribution Channel (%)
Table 14: India PVC By Region (%)
Table 15: India PVC By Company share (%)
Table 16: Country-Wise Import
Table 17: Country-Wise Export
- Reliance Industries
- Finolex Industries Limited
- Chemplast Sanmar Limited
- DCW Limited
- DCM Shriram Limited
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Formosa Plastics Group
- Mistui Chemicals
- Hanwa Chemical Corporation
- LG Chem