The sudden outbreak of COVID-19 rendered a sharp decline in the country’s Polypropylene demand causing inventories to pile up at unprecedented levels because of a sudden halt in downstream manufacturing activities due to nationwide lockdown. However, as a key raw material for manufacturing personal protective equipment (PPE), the demand outlook for some grades remained uplifted. Industrialists reported that the outbreak has supported the PP demand in the medical sector for the production of masks, injection syringes, and PPE kits which consume non-woven PP, fiber grade, and transparent PP (TPP) grade. However, because unit consumption is too small, the actual demand for PP has been subdued since the onset of the pandemic. Meanwhile, demand from sectors like infrastructure and daily necessities has faced a setback triggering a fall in other grades amid already existing uncertainties due to the nationwide ban on single-use plastics implemented with effect from October FY2019.
In addition, demand for Polypropylene from the automotive sector remained lull in Q4FY20 due to plant shutdowns and lack of buying sentiments. However, the restart of automobile plants with ease in lockdown restrictions has led to a gradual pick up in the PP volumes produced and procured. With major players like RIL, IOCL, and OPAL ambitiously expanding their polyolefins sectors, India’s PP industry is expected to witness tremendous growth heightened by new capacity additions which are scheduled for the next five years. One such project under construction is HPCL Rajasthan Refinery Ltd’s (HRRL’s) 181,000-BPD integrated refinery and petrochemical complex which is still under construction in the Barmer District, Rajasthan. The refinery will possess two 490 KTPA Polypropylene units each, thereby propelling the growth in the country’s PP market. Latest technological investments in the country’s Polypropylene sector such as the adoption of LyondellBasell’s 5th generation Spheripol polypropylene process technology by HPCL-Mittal Energy Limited (HMEL) for its 500 KT per year plant in Bathinda, India, will further propel the growth of the PP market in the subsequent years.
Years Considered for this Report:
- Historical Years: FY2015 - FY2020
- Base Year: FY2021
- Estimated Year: FY2022
- Forecast Period: FY2023- FY2030
Objective of the Study:
- The primary objective of the study was to evaluate and forecast polypropylene capacity, production, demand, inventory, and demand-supply gap in India.
- To categorize polypropylene demand based on end use, grade, application, region, and sales channel.
- To study trade dynamics and company share in the India polypropylene market.
- To identify major customers of polypropylene in India.
- To evaluate and forecast polypropylene pricing by grade in the India polypropylene market.
- To identify and profile major companies operating in the India polypropylene market.
- To identify major news, deals, and expansion plans in the India polypropylene market.
To extract data for the India polypropylene market, primary research surveys were conducted with Polypropylene manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, wholesalers, and end-users. While interviewing, the respondents were also inquired about their competitors. Through this technique, the publisher was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. Moreover, the publisher analyzed various end user segments and projected a positive outlook for the India polypropylene market over the coming years.
The publisher calculated demand for polypropylene in India by analyzing the historical data and demand forecast was carried out considering crude oil prices. The publisher sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives and externally validated them through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, association reports, annual reports, etc., were also studied.
Key Target Audience:
- Polypropylene manufacturers and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums, and alliances related to polypropylene distribution
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policymakers
- Market research organizations and consulting companies
In this report, the India Polypropylene market has been segmented into the following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, by Grade- Polypropylene Homopolymer, Polypropylene Copolymer
- Market, by Application- Flexible Packaging, Raffia, Fiber and Filament, Injection Molding, Others
- Market, by End Use- Packaging, Electronics, and Electrical Appliances, Equipment Manufacturing, Automotive, Construction, Others
- Market, by Sales Channel- Direct/Institutional Sales, Retail Sales, Other Channel Sales
- Market, by Region- North, South, East, West
With the given market data, the publisher offers customizations according to a client's specific needs.
1.1. Capacity By Company
1.2. Capacity By Location
1.3. Capacity By Technology
1.4. Production, By Company
1.5. Production, By Process
1.6. Operating Efficiency By Company
1.7. Country-Wise Import
1.8. Country-Wise Export
1.9. Demand-Supply Gap
2. India Polypropylene Outlook, 2015-2030
2.1. By End Use
2.2. By Grade
2.3. By Application
2.4. By Distribution Channel
2.5. By Region
2.6. By Company Share
3. News & Deals
List of Figures
Figure 1: India Polypropylene Capacity By Company, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 2: India Polypropylene Capacity By Location, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 3: India Polypropylene Capacity By Technology, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 4: India Polypropylene Capacity By Process, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 5: India Polypropylene Production, By Company, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 6: India Polypropylene Operating Efficiency By Company, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 7: India Polypropylene Country-Wise Import, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 8: India Polypropylene Country-Wise Export, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 9: India Polypropylene Demand-Supply Gap, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Figure 10: India Polypropylene Demand By End Use (%)
Figure 11: India Polypropylene Demand By Grade (%)
Figure 12: India Polypropylene By Application (%)
Figure 13: India Polypropylene By Distribution Channel (%)
Figure 14 : India Polypropylene By Region (%)
Figure 15 :India Polypropylene By Company Share Of Leading Players (%)
Figure 14: Country-Wise Import
Figure 15: Country-Wise Export
List of Tables
Table 1: India Polypropylene Capacity By Company, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Table 2: India Polypropylene Capacity By Location, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Table 3: India Polypropylene Capacity By Technology, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Table 4: India Polypropylene Capacity By Process, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Table 5: India Polypropylene Production, By Company, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Table 6: India Polypropylene Operating Efficiency By Company, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Table 7: India Polypropylene Country-Wise Import, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Table 8: India Polypropylene Country-Wise Export, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Table 9: India Polypropylene Demand-Supply Gap, 2015-2030f (000’ Tonnes)
Table 10: India Polypropylene Demand By End Use (%)
Table 11: India Polypropylene Demand By Grade (%)
Table 12 : India Polypropylene By Application (%)
Table 13: India Polypropylene By Distribution Channel (%)
Table 14 : India Polypropylene By Region (%)
Table 15: India Polypropylene By Company Share Of Leading Players (%)
Table 16: Country-Wise Import
Table 17: Country-Wise Export
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- HPCL-Mittal Energy Limited
- Haldia Petrochemicals Limited
- ONGC Petro Additions Limited
- Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited
- Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymers Limited
- Exxon Mobil Corporation,
- LyondellBasell Industries