1h Free Analyst TimeSummary
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Coty: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Company Impact reports key findings as of May 14, 2020 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
Coty, having limited diversification in with the beauty sector, will find it difficult to overcome the loss created by the situation. However, a cash injection from the sale of its professional beauty business may help Coty to focus on its core operations - fragrances and make-up. The company has already prioritized its objective of countering the ill effects of COVID-19 with a series of steps towards reviving sales, and exploring new markets and channels.
- Coty's lack of operational diversification and dependence on virus-hit regions will adversely impact its sales.
- Coty's concentrated operations in West Europe and North America make the company vulnerable in the COVID-19 crisis, with potentially $942m of sales if these regions at risk.
- Fragrances, haircare, and make-up are vulnerable to significant sales declines due to the spread of COVID-19 in major markets.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of ContentsCOVID-19 impact analysis on Coty - key findings as of 28th April, 2020
- Geographic spread analysis - COVID-19 vs Coty's brand sales
- Coty's lack of operational diversification and dependence on virus-hit regions will adversely impact its sales
- Impact of COVID-19 on the cosmetics and toiletries industry in 2020
- Coty's exposure: brand sales by region and sector vs regional impact levels
- Fragrances business exposure: brand sales by region and category vs regional impact levels
- Operational reactions from Coty? Indications from recruitment trends