1h Free Analyst TimeSummary
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) company impact report analyses how the pandemic will impact Tesco's performance.
Tesco is forecast to experience a positive impact to its 2020 sales due to the effects of COVID-19 with increased demand for food & grocery globally as consumers stay at home, resulting in a sales increase of 9.2% on 2020 vs 2019.
To cope with swelled demand for online grocery, Tesco has mobilised its logistic network in the UK and increased the number of delivery slots it offers.
- Tesco has a large presence in West Europe (accounting for 78.4% of sales in 2019) and the severe impact of COVID-19 in this region causing stockpiling early on, has driven sales for the grocer.
- Tesco is delivering online shopping using plastic bags as this shortens the time needed to deliver an order, thus reducing the risk of infection.
- Tesco’s performance will be similar to its rivals, with all supermarket chains benefiting from the rise in demand for food & groceries.
Reasons to Buy
- Use our revised 2020 forecast for Tesco to understand how the COVID-19 pandemic will impact its performance this year.
- Use our charts to review how Tesco's sales are split by region globally and how these regions have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Use our in-depth analysis to review how Tesco has responded to COVID-19 and how this will affect its performance.
Table of Contents
- Tesco's exposure to COVID-19
- Tesco's operational responses to COVID-19
- Key findings
- Key conclusions
Geographic spread analysis - COVID 19 vs Tesco Group Sales
- Global & regional impact
- COVID-19 global impact score forTesco versus competitors
Revised 2020 revenue forecast
- Brand sales by region vs regional impact levels
- Company reaction
- Online fulfilment
- Stricter hygiene measures
- Supporting the community
List of Figures
- Spread of COVID-19- confirmed cases, number in treatment, recoveries and deaths.
- Countries/ regions affected by COVID-19
- Spread of Tesco's group sales and stores in 2019
- COVID-19 global impact score for Tesco versus competitors
- Tesco global revenue and year on year growth 2015-2020
- Tesco brand sales by region vs regional impact levels in 2019
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- The Kroger Company
- SPAR International
- E. Leclerc
- Schwarz Beteiligungs
- Groupe Auchan
- Lotus Express
- One Stop