Additionally, high GDP growth rate and surging population in the country have made India, one of the largest car markets after China, Japan, US and Germany with sales of 3.3 million passenger cars in 2018. As a result, major automakers are setting up their production plants and focusing on launching new vehicles in the country, subsequently, driving the car loan market in India.
The Indian Car Loan Market can be segmented based on the type, car type, source, percentage of amount sanctioned, type of city, tenure and region. In terms of car type, market can be segmented into SUV, hatchback and sedan. Sedan is the dominant car type in the country and the trend is likely to continue in the forthcoming years as well. This is due to the riding comfort, safety and lower noise, vibration when compared with other counterparts in the same segment. In order to promote the adoption of electric vehicles, the government of India has reduced the GST from 12% to 5% on the purchase on electric vehicle and the government is also offering INR1.5 lac tax exemption on loan taken for the purchase of electric vehicle, thereby driving the car loan market in India. On the basis of type, the demand for used car has increased in the past few years and the trend is likely to continue in the upcoming years as well due to high yield and low price of these cars.
Major companies offering loans for the purchase of car in India are categorized into banks, OEM or non-banking financial company (NBFC). Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are coming up with various credit provision in order to attract more buyers and borrowers and are offering loan based on individual needs for the purchase of car in the country. Some of the banks providing car loan include State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, etc. The Public and private sector banks are the major players in the market when compared with NBFC and OEMs due to large customer base, better customer service and competitive rates. However, share of NBFC has grown in the past few years and the trend is anticipated to continue over the next five years as well. This is due to the fact that NBFC has major share of customers from non-metro and rural areas.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2015-2018
- Base Year: 2019
- Estimated Year: 2020
- Forecast Period: 2021–2025
- To analyze and forecast the market size of the Indian Car Loan Market.
- To classify and forecast the Indian Car Loan Market based on type, car type, source, percentage of amount sanctioned, type of city, tenure and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the Indian Car Loan Market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the Indian Car Loan Market.
- To conduct the pricing analysis for the Indian Car Loan Market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the Indian Car Loan Market.
The author calculated the market size of the Indian Car Loan Market by using a bottom-up approach, where the data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. Researchers sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied.
Key Target Audience:
- Car loan companies and other stakeholders
- Research organizations and consulting companies
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to car loan market
In this report, the Indian Car Loan Market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
India Car Loan Market, By Type:
- New Car
- Used Car
- Non Banking Financial Company (NBFC)
- Upto 25%
- Above 75%
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3
- Tier 4
- Less than 3 year
- 3-5 Year
- Greater than 5 Years
- North Region
- South Region
- East Region
- West Region
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the Indian Car Loan Market.
With the given market data, the author offers customizations according to a client’s specific needs.
2. Research Methodology
3. Impact of COVID-19 on India Car Loan Market
4. Executive Summary
5. Voice of Customer
6. India Car Loan Market Outlook
6.1. Market Size & Forecast
6.1.1. By Value
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.2.1. By Type (New Car; Used Car)
6.2.2. By Car Type (SUV; Hatchback; Sedan)
6.2.3. By Source (OEM; Bank; Non Banking Financial Company (NBFC))
6.2.4. By Percentage of Amount Sanctioned (Upto 25%; 25-50%; 51-75%; Above 75%)
6.2.5. By Type of City (Tier 1; Tier 2; Tier 3; Tier 4)
6.2.6. By Tenure (Less than 3 year; 3-5 Year; Greater than 5 year)
6.2.7. By Region (North, South, East, West)
6.2.8. By Company (2018)
6.3. Market Attractiveness Index
7. North India Car Loan Market Outlook
7.1. Market Size & Forecast
7.1.1. By Value
7.2. Market Share & Forecast
7.2.1. By Type
7.2.2. By Car Type
7.2.3. By Source
8. West India Car Loan Market Outlook
8.1. Market Size & Forecast
8.1.1. By Value
8.2. Market Share & Forecast
8.2.1. By Type
8.2.2. By Car Type
8.2.3. By Source
9. South India Car Loan Market Outlook
9.1. Market Size & Forecast
9.1.1. By Value
9.2. Market Share & Forecast
9.2.1. By Type
9.2.2. By Car Type
9.2.3. By Source
10. East India Car Loan Market Outlook
10.1. Market Size & Forecast
10.1.1. By Value
10.2. Market Share & Forecast
10.2.1. By Type
10.2.2. By Car Type
10.2.3. By Source
11. Market Dynamics
12. Market Trends & Developments
13. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
14. India Economic Profile
15. Competitive Landscape
15.1. Company Profile
15.1.1. Company Detail
15.1.2. Service Charges & Fees
15.1.3. Documentation Required For Loan
15.1.4. Terms & Conditions of Loan
15.2. HDFC Bank
15.3. ICICI Bank
15.4. State Bank of India
15.5. Kotak Mahindra Prime Ltd.
15.6. Axis Bank
15.7. Toyota Financial Services India Ltd.
15.8. IDFC FIRST Bank
15.9. Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited
15.10. Shriram Transport Finance Co. Ltd.
16. Strategic Recommendations
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- State Bank of India
- Kotak Mahindra Prime Ltd.
- Axis Bank
- Toyota Financial Services India Ltd.
- IDFC FIRST Bank
- Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited
- Shriram Transport Finance Co. Ltd.