1h Free Analyst TimeiDEAL - a market leader in Dutch third-party payment services - was established by payment systems provider Currence in 2005. iDEAL offers online payments for Dutch domestic and international shoppers, enabling them to pay for online purchases directly from their bank accounts. iDEAL also enables consumers to carry out other transactions such as utility bill payments, mobile recharging, and donations. It generates business by offering four types of transactions: domestic ecommerce payments, cross-border ecommerce payments, payments between consumers, and non-ecommerce payments.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Payments through iDEAL are supported by 12 issuing banks and financial institutions: ABN AMRO, ASN Bank, bunq, ING, Knab, Rabobank, RegioBank, Revolut, SNS Bank, Triodos Bank, Van Lanschot, and Yoursafe. In addition to issuing banks, the solution is supported by 13 acquiring banks and 45 payment institutions known as collecting payment services providers (CPSPs). CPSPs act as intermediaries between acquirers and merchants. Of the 45 CPSPs, 20 are international service providers. They allow Dutch consumers to pay for online purchases from foreign online merchants in more than 60 markets globally.
In April 2023, the European Payments Initiative (an organization featuring several of Europe's key banks and financial institutions) confirmed its plan to acquire iDEAL and Luxembourg-based payment solutions provider Payconiq International as part of its efforts to develop a Europe-wide instant payment system.
The report provides information and insights into iDEAL including:
- Detailed insight into its business
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its Revenue Model and Performance Highlights
- The company's important events and milestones
- In October 2005, iDEAL was founded
- In April 2016, iDEAL launched iDEAL QR, enabling users to make payments at online and offline stores as well as for transport by scanning a QR code with their mobile phone
- In May 2020, iDEAL launched iDEAL Scheduling in collaboration with payment solutions provider Online Payment Platform, allowing users to schedule payments for future dates
- In October 2022, iDEAL launched iDEAL Hub (an upgraded version of iDEAL) to offer enhanced infrastructure and new services to its customers. Customers can now access this service; partners will gradually switch to iDEAL Hub by July 1, 2023
- In April 2023, The European Payments Initiative (an organization featuring several of Europe's key banks and financial institutions) confirmed its plan to acquire iDEAL and Luxembourg-based payment solutions provider Payconiq International as part of its efforts to develop a Europe-wide instant payment system
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into iDEAL business operations and key events
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and performance highlights
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
- Performance Highlights
- Revenue Model
- Products and Services
- Significant Events
- Partner Banks and Financial Institutions in the Netherlands
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes: