1h Free Analyst Time'Indonesia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report,' a new Country Intelligence Report by the publisher, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Indonesia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
The total telecom and pay-TV service revenues in Indonesia will grow at a CAGR of 2.8% over the 2021-2026 period, mainly supported by contributions from fixed broadband and mobile data segments. Mobile data will remain the largest revenue contributor over 2021-2026, driven by continued rise in 5G subscriptions on the back of 5G network expansions by operators, and growing mobile data ARPU. Fixed broadband revenue will increase during the forecast period, supported by growing adoption of higher-ARPU FTTH services supported by ongoing fiber infrastructure expansions by operators.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Indonesia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Indonesia will grow at a CAGR of 2.8% during 2021-2026.
- Mobile data will remain the largest revenue contributor at a CAGR of 4.2%, over 2021-2026, supported by driven by continued rise in 5G subscriptions with network expansions and growing ARPU.
- Fixed broadband revenue will increase at a CAGR of 7.8%, from $1.1 billion to $1.6 billion in 2021-2026, thanks to growing adoption of higher-ARPU lines.
- Fixed voice revenues will increase, at a CAGR of 4.4%, from $184.1 million to $228.2 million in 2021-2026, due to strong growth in VoIP subscriptions as users switch from circuit-switched.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Indonesia's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Indonesia's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Indonesia's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Indonesia.
Table of Contents
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV service market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Telkom Indonesia/Telkomsel
- Indosat Ooredoo Hutchinson
- XL Axiata
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Telkom Indonesia
- Indosat Ooredoo
- XL Axiata
- 3 Indonesia
- Bakrie Telecom
- Citra Sari Makmur
- First Media