In the growing field of neuro-oncology, the past few years have witnessed rapid advances in tumor classification, treatment modalities, and the role of neurologists and neuro-oncologists. Neuro-Oncology for the Clinical Neurologist is a first-of-its-kind resource that focuses on patient-clinical scenarios relevant to the practicing neurologist-bringing you up to date with everything from basic principles and neuro-oncology imaging consults to neurologic complications of radiation, systemic, and immune-based therapies, and much more.
- Focuses on the clinical management of patients typically encountered by neurologists and neurology trainees.
- Provides clinically relevant updates in five key areas of neuro-oncology: primary CNS tumors, brain and leptomeningeal metastases, inherited tumor syndromes of the nervous system (e.g. neurofibromatosis), paraneoplastic and immune-mediated neurological complications of cancer, and neurological complications of cancer treatments.
- Includes a summary of clinical pearls and a reference list of clinical cases.
- Anchors each chapter with patient cases and clinical scenarios, provides evidence-based discussion, and explains patient management.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Table of Contents1. Fundamentals of Neuropathology
2. Basics Principles of Neurosurgical Management of Tumor Patients
3. Radiation Oncology for the Neurologist
4. Evidence-Based Approaches to Chemotherapy for Brain Tumors
5. Emerging Non-pharmacologic Therapies for CNS Tumors
6. Evaluation of a Dural-Based Lesion
7. Evaluation of a Supratentorial Parenchymal Lesion
8. Evaluation of an Infratentorial Lesions (pediatric and adult)
9. Evaluation of Spinal Lesions
10. Evaluation of Peripheral Nerve Lesions
11. Approach to the Meningioma Patient
12. Approach to the Low-Grade Glioma Patient
13. Approach to the High-Grade Glioma Patient
14. Approach to a Brain Metastasis Patient
15. Approach to Leptomeningeal Metastasis Patient
16. Approach to the Patient with Neurofibromatosis: including NF1, NF2 and schwannomatosis
17. Approach to the Patient with Tuberous Sclerosis: including pediatrics and adult
18. Approach to Von Hippel Lindau, Cowden and Other Inherited Conditions
19. Central Nervous System Paraneoplastic Neurological Syndromes
20. Peripheral Nervous System Paraneoplastic Neurological Syndromes
21. Cancer-Associated Perineural Invasion
22. Cancer-Associated Plexopathy
23. Cancer Complications in Patients with Hematologic Malignancies
24. Approach to the Patient with Radiation Necrosis
25. Approach to Radiation Induced Neurocognitive Dysfunction (Beamo-Brain)
26. Uncommon Radiation Induced Neurological Syndromes
27. Approach to the Patient with Acute Chemotherapy Associated CNS Neurotoxicity
28. Approach to the Patient with a Chronic, Delayed Leukoencephalopathy
29. Approach to Chemotherapy Induced Peripheral Neuropathy
30. Approach to Neurocognitive Dysfunction Arising after Chemotherapy (Chemo-Brain)
31. Complications Associated with Immune Checkpoint Therapy
32. Complications Associated with CAR T-cell Therapy