The Facilities Management Market in India is Going Through a Major Transformation, Driven by Technological Innovation, New Business Models, and New Service Offerings
Professional FM services have now become a necessity for asset owners, as they not only help increase the lifespan of a building but also help owners meet international health and safety standards. The increased need to reduce operating costs of facilities and buildings of end-user segments and increasing demand for energy conservation and optimum usage of building solutions is fuelling the growth of the FM market in India. The shortage of skilled manpower for services that require technical expertise is a challenge for the service providers in the market.
This industry study on FM services in India offers the most up-to-date market data on the actual market situation by service types (hard and soft services) and by key end-user segments (residential, commercial, industrial, government and infrastructure, and educational institutions). The research service covers the market landscape and its growth prospects for the coming years. The study also includes a discussion of the key companies operating in this market.
The research includes market data from FY19 to FY24 which gives the future outlook for the FM services market in India and makes the study an invaluable resource for industry executives, marketing, sales, and product managers, analysts, and others looking for key industry data in readily accessible and clearly presented tables and graphs.
The study also provides an analysis of data related to the FM market from the 4 regions of India: North, South, East, and West.
Growing awareness levels, increasing acceptance of outsourcing non-core activities, adoption of technology and burgeoning demand from retail, offices, and industrial clients have together contributed to the growing demand for FM services in India.
The technology trends discussed in this study are Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data analytics, building information modeling (BIM) usage in facility management, cloud solutions, drones, artificial intelligence (AI) and robots, and green FM services.
Using environment-friendly solutions and reducing energy consumption through sustainable strategies to improve building efficiency are key areas for FM companies that they have started focusing on. Similarly, remote data management of building management systems and data analysis are gaining popularity and are expected to provide growth opportunities for FM companies.
Cumulative market revenue for FM services is expected to grow at a CAGR of 23.4% from FY2019 to FY2024. FM companies can gain a competitive advantage by focusing on energy management services. Integrated facility management (IFM) service contracts between vendors and end-users will become a major trend.
- Market Type: Soft service and hard service
- End-user Segment: Residential, commercial, industrial, government, infrastructure, and others
- Geographic Scope: North, South, East and West
- Study Period: FY19–FY24
- Forecast Period: FY20–FY24
Key Issues Addressed
- How is the market for FM services expected to grow in the future and at what rate?
- How has the market been classified in terms of services? What are the industry and competitive structures like?
- Which types of service markets have potential as targets that could bring sustainable growth?
- Which type of end-user segments have higher market share, and which segments are expected to provide large opportunities in the future?
- What are the key market trends and technology trends?
- What are the key regulations for the facility management industry in India?
Table of Contents
- Top Predictions for 2020
- Top Market Trends for 2020
- Top Technology Trends for 2020
- Key Findings
- India FM Market - FY2019 and FY2024
- India FM Market - Split by Categories
- Research Scope and Segmentation
- Market Definition
- Market Segmentation
- Global FM Market - FY2019 and FY2024
- Global FM Market - Growth Outlook
- Global FM Market - Regional Outlook
- India Facility Management Market - Key Market Trends
- Market Trend 1 - Consolidation in the FM Industry
- Market Trend 2 - Demand for IFM Services
- Market Trend 3 - Energy Efficiency in FM
- Market Trend 4 - FM Companies to Meet Stringent Quality Standards
- Market Trend 5 - Specialized Cleaning Services
- Key Trends in 2020 Facility Management Services - Technology Adoption
- Trend 1 - IoT and Big Data Analytics
- Trend 2 - BIM With Facility Management Service
- Trend 3 - Cloud Solutions
- Trend 4 - Drone Technology
- Trend 5 - AI and Robots
- Trend 6 - Sustainability and Green FM Services
- Impact of Macroeconomic Indicators
- Residential Sector Outlook
- Commercial Sector Outlook
- Hospitality Sector Outlook
- Retail Sector Outlook
- Revenue Forecast by Sector
- Revenue by Sector - Outlook
- Revenue Forecast by Types of Service
- Hard and Soft Service - Outlook
- Revenue Forecast by Region
- Region - Outlook
- Revenue Forecast
- Soft Services by Service Lines
- Revenue Forecast
- Hard Services by Service Lines
- India Facility Management - Market Structure
- India FM Market by Competition, FY2019 - A Snapshot
- India FM Market - Competitive Landscape
- Regulations in Facility Management
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Green Concepts in FM
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Technical Innovations
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Importance of Energy Management
- Growth Opportunity 4 - Remote Monitoring System
- Growth Opportunity 5 - Rise of the Residential Segment
- 5 Major Growth Opportunities
- Top 5 Technologies Driving Service Innovation in Indian FM Market
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Key Conclusions and Future Outlook
- Abbreviations and Acronyms Used
- Market Engineering Methodology
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits