Nigeria - In-depth PEST Insights
This PEST country analysis report on Nigeria provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
- Understand the political system in Nigeria through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
- Understand the economic situation in Nigeria through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
- Understand customer demographics in Nigeria through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
- Understand the technological landscape in Nigeria through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
- The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Nigeria, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Nigeria's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, a composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment.
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to Buy
- What are the outlook in Nigeria in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Nigeria perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Nigeria perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Nigeria perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
1.2.1. Key Highlights
1.3. Key Developments (January 2019 to June 2020)
1.4. Impact of COVID19 on the Nigerian economy
1.4.2. Government measures
188.8.131.52. Travel ban
1.4.3. Impact COVID19 on the economy
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key Facts
2.2. Geographical Location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and Policies
3.3.1. Key Political Figures
3.3.2. Government Structure
3.3.3. Key Political Parties
3.3.4. Government Composition
3.4. Key Policies
3.4.3. Foreign and Defense Policies
3.5.1. Governance Indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and Policies
4.3.1. Financial System
4.3.2. Financial Authorities/Regulators
4.4.1. GDP and Growth Rate
4.4.2. GDP Composition by Sector
4.4.3. Fiscal Situation
4.4.4. Foreign Trade
4.4.5. External Debt
4.4.6. International Investment Position
4.4.7. Monetary Situation
4.4.9. Nigeria Economic Sustainability Plan
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and Policies
5.3.1. Demographic Composition
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and Policies
6.3.2. Intellectual property
6.3.3. Research and development
6.4.1. Telecommunications, Broadband, and Internet
7. ASK THE ANALYST
7.1. About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Nigeria - Key Facts, 2020
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (% of Total Population), 2019
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Nigeria
Figure 2: Nigeria - Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Nigeria - Head of State and Government
Figure 4: Political Composition of the House of Representatives, 2019
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP Growth in Nigeria, 2009-2019
Figure 6: GDP (Nominal) and GDP Growth Rate (Constant Prices) of Nigeria, 2014-2024f
Figure 7: Sector Specific GDP in Nigeria, 2019
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Nigeria, 2014–2019
Figure 9: Industrial Output in Nigeria, 2014-2019
Figure 10: Services Output in Nigeria, 2014-2019
Figure 11: Trade Position in Nigeria, 2015-2019
Figure 12: Consumer Price Index (CPI) and CPI-based Inflation in Nigeria, 2014-2024f
Figure 13: Unemployment in Nigeria, 2014-2024f
Figure 14: Major Religions in Nigeria, 2018
Figure 15: Healthcare Expenditure, 2012-2018
Figure 16: Internet Users and penetration, 2014-2019