Pricing is used as one of the key differentiators by mobile operators across the industry. To keep up-to-date with the increased complexity of packages offered is a challenge.
The analyst has researched and collated prices for post- and prepaid smartphone price plans across the Middle East since 2008 and has just released the latest edition covering 11 countries and 23 operators and over 300 price plans.
Prices presented in local currency, Euros, and USD allows for a speedy and like-for-like comparison of the 3,000 and plus price plans covered.
Key information collected and provided in the excel spreadsheet include:
- Name of operator
- Effective/Verified Date
- Type of customer (Consumer, Youth, Senior, etc)
- Type of subscription (Postpaid/Prepaid, Hybrid)
- Contract term for Postpaid plans(m-t-m, 6, 12, 18, 24 plans)
- Validity for prepaid plans
- Name of Plan
- Cost in local currencies and Euro (inclusive and exclusive of tax)
- Inclusive allowances such as Voice, IDD, SMS, MMS, Data, roaming VAS, other, a separate column for each of these)
- Charges (per min, per SMS, per MMS, per 1 Mbyte of Data
- Tax rate
- Comments (these relate to the price plan and provides additional information such as add-on details)
In this continuously updated service - every quarter - based on a survey of providers, the database will illustrate how operator marketing strategies create plans to retain loyalty, entice new customers and increase usage and value.
The database also highlights key changes announced by operators since the previous update which is easily identifiable as marked in red.
Geographical coverage (mobile network operators and MVNOs)
- Saudi Arabia
Key highlights of the database include:
- Tariff price plans for consumer and business post and prepaid, presented in tabular format, in local currency, Euros and US Dollars allowing for easy comparison
- Each plan provides details such as cost and allowances that come with it.
- All the data is updated quarterly, changes made are marked in red.
- The summary report provided with each update commenting on key changes
- Researched by a multi-lingual team
- Enquiry service provided by a tariff expert with 24-years of experience in telecoms pricing
Who should subscribe to this service
- Government agencies with a need to compare mobile prices across countries
- Telecommunication operators
- Software and equipment vendors
- Investors, Venture Capital companies and Financial Institutions
Deliverables every quarter (4 per subscription)
- Report highlighting the changes and compare pricing across the region.
- 4 Updates per annum
- Summary report with each update
- FREE Enquiry Service
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Libyana Mobile
- Oman Mobile
- Ooredoo (Nawras)
- Ooredoo (previously Qtel)
- Ooredoo (previously Wataniya)
- Saudi Telecom
- STC (Viva)
- Virgin Mobile
- **List may not be exhaustive.
The analyst researches its reports typically within a three-month period. All of its reports are based on primary and secondary research including interviews with relevant companies/operators covered in the report. The analyst also draws on its extensive in-house database and its contacts in the field of telecommunications it has established since the company was launched in 2006.
The analyst has 26-years of experience in the field of telecoms pricing both mobile and fixed. They have a network of consultants as well as a multi-lingual research team, with languages spoken French, German, Polish and Spanish.