The market for 1-decene is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 3% during the forecast period. The major factor driving the growth of the 1-decene market is the increasing demand from the surfactants segment as a chemical intermediate. On the flip-side, unfavorable conditions arising due to the sudden outbreak of COVID-19 is anticipated to foil the growth of the market studied.
- Polyalphaolefin is expected to remain largest due to its increasing applications from the various sectors during the period of forecast.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to be the largest market due to the large-scale production and consumption of the 1-decene products in the region.
Key Market Trends
Polyalphaolefins to be the Largest Segment for 1-Decene Market
- 1-decene is majorly employed in the production of polyalphaolefins (PAO), a type of synthetic lubricant. Polyalphaolefins are significantly utilized in the automotive and manufacturing businesses.
- Moroever, they are also utilized as compressor oil, transmission oil, lube-oil added substance, and gear oil.
- In 2020, it is estimated that the worldwide wind turbine gear oil market volume amount to 41,100 million metric tons.
- By 2023, the global market value of the synthetic lubricants is anticipated to reach a value of USD 37.3 billion.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the 1-decene market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate 1-Decene Market
- Asia-Pacific region holds a prominent share in the 1-decene market globally and is expected to dominate the market during the forecast timeline.
- In 2019, Malaysia produced approximately 138.5 thousand metric tons of lubricating oil.
- Detergent alcohols and their subordinates are key raw materials utilized for delivering surfactants in clothing and dishwashing applications. In 2020, the Asia-Pacific region is forecasted to add up to USD 8.057 billion in revenue from the dishwashing detergents section.
- The demand for polyethylene from the Asia-Pacific region is expected to be 62 million metric tons in 2022.
- Thus, rising demand from various industries is expected to drive the market studied in the region during the forecast timeframe.
The market for 1-decene is consolidated. Some of the players in the market include SABIC, SEA-LAND CHEMICAL COMPANY, PJSC Nizhnekamskneftekhim, Royal Dutch Shell, and Exxon Mobil Corporation.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from Industrial Surfactants as a Chemical Intermediate
4.1.2 Rising Demand for Polyalphaolefin
4.2.1 Outbreak of Covid-19
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.1.2 Oxo Alcohols
5.1.3 Linear Alkyl Benzene
5.1.4 Linear Mercaptans
5.1.5 Chlorinated Alpha Olefins
5.2.3 Synthetic Lubricants
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
6.4.2 Exxon Mobil Corporation
6.4.4 Idemitsu Kosan Co.,Ltd
6.4.5 LG Chem
6.4.6 PJSC Nizhnekamskneftekhim
6.4.7 Qatar Petroleum
6.4.8 Royal Dutch Shell
6.4.9 SEA-LAND CHEMICAL COMPANY
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Idemitsu Kosan Co.,Ltd
- LG Chem
- PJSC Nizhnekamskneftekhim
- Qatar Petroleum
- Royal Dutch Shell
- SEA-LAND CHEMICAL COMPANY