The market for polymer coated fabric is expected to grow at a CAGR of less than 5% globally. Major factor driving the market studied is the increasing safety measures in the transportation application and stringent regulatory requirements for worker safety. On the flip side, presence of substitutes and unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak is hindering the growth of the market.
- Emerging technologies such as plasma coating, nanomaterials and inkjet deposition are expected to create further growth opportunities for the market.
- The transportation industry is expected to dominate the application segment of global polymer coated fabric market as it exhibits superior properties such as elasticity, oil resistance, abrasion and transparency.
- Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period owing to the consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Safety Measures in Transportation Application
- The growth is majorly attributable to the increasing use of polymer coated fabrics in several transportation applications. In the automobile industry, safety is a major consideration for the manufacturers. Polymer coated fabrics are majorly employed for a wide scope of automotive applications such as interior, exterior, airbags, seatbelt, and covers.
- Frontal airbags are considered a key life-saving technology in automotive industry. Hence, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is encouraging car manufacturing companies to implement better safety measures using a similar principal. This has a major impact on the increasing adoption of side-curtain airbags, mostly in passenger cars, thereby boosting the demand for polymer coated fabrics.
- According to US National Highway Transportation Safety Authority (NHTSA) and Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), approximately 10,000 potential mortalities has been averted in the US alone since 1985 because of airbag-equipped vehicles.
- According to World Health Organization, road traffic accidents accounts to approximately 1.35 million deaths every year. In addition, more than 20 million people face non-fatal injuries resulting in disabilities and other health conditions. Thus, providing avenues for application of airbags, seatbelts and other interior applications to prevent accidents and fatalities is expected to positively influence the market over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the largest and fastest polymer coated fabrics market, globally, owing to rapid industrial growth and urbanization in major countries such as China and India. The rising demand from the transportation, protective clothing, and industrial applications is boosting the polymer coated fabrics market in the region. Japan, and South Korea are other major countries driving the polymer coated fabrics market.
- Expanding automotive industry, manufacturing and chemical industries is expected to drive the growth of polymer coated fabric market. In addition, the increasing implementation of stringent regulations for importance of protective clothing is expected to drive the market.
- The rapidly evolving automotive industry in developing countries along with increasing product application to manufacture household furniture is further anticipated to augment the demand for coated fabrics in various applications. Innovation and development in the polymer coated fabrics such as shape memory polymers for smart textile applications is expected to increase the demand over the period.
- Small Asia Pacific countries such as Malaysia, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Philippines, etc. are also projected to show significant growth in the industrial segment on account of factors like presence of cheap labor and relaxed regulations. Asia Pacific is likely to show significant growth in terms of export and is expected to increase its production activities.
The Global Polymer Coated Fabric Market is partially consolidated in nature with a few major players dominating a significant portion of the market. Some of the major companies are Trelleborg AB, Serge Ferrari Group, Low & Bonar Plc, OMNOVA Solutions Inc. and Seaman Corporation and among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Increasing Safety Measures in Transportation Application
4.1.2 Strict Regulatory Requirements for Worker Safety
4.2.1 Presence of Substitutes
4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.2.1 Coated Fabrics
5.2.4 Roofing and Awning
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share (%) /Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Cooley Group Holdings, Inc.
6.4.2 Low & Bonar Plc
6.4.3 OMNOVA Solutions Inc.
6.4.4 Saint-Gobain SA
6.4.5 Seaman Corporation
6.4.6 Serge Ferrari Group
6.4.7 Sioen Industries NV
6.4.8 Spradling International Inc.
6.4.9 SRF Limited
6.4.10 Takata Corporation
6.4.11 Trelleborg AB
7.2 Other Opportunities
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Cooley Group Holdings, Inc.
- Low & Bonar Plc
- OMNOVA Solutions Inc.
- Saint-Gobain SA
- Seaman Corporation
- Serge Ferrari Group
- Sioen Industries NV
- Spradling International Inc.
- SRF Limited
- Takata Corporation
- Trelleborg AB