The market for low foam surfactants is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% globally. Major factor driving the market studied is the significant growth in detergents and cleaning agents and increased demand for sustainable surfactants. On the flip side, stringent regulations and the slowdown in production arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak is hindering the growth of the market.
- Development of bio-based surfactants is expected to create new opportunities for the market to grow.
- Detergents and cleaning agents is expected to dominate the end-user segment of global low foam surfactants market over the period due to their strong washing performance and reduced foaming properties.
- Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period owing to the consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Significant Growth in Detergents and Cleaning Agents
- Low foam surfactants are extensively employed in home care applications like laundry detergents, dishwasher detergents, carpet cleaners, floor cleaners, and several types of fabric softeners. In addition, they are not affected by the hardness of water.
- In personal care application, they exhibit antimicrobial properties, foaming & conditioning properties, mild detergency actions, and preservative properties and hence are being used in shampoos, face washes, and skincare creams. The increasing demand for personal care products globally is expected to surge the demand for the product.
- Non-ionic surfactants are mixed with other surfactants and is widely used in industrial cleaning applications. Demand for greener & sustainable surfactants is anticipated to be the latest trend in the low foam surfactants market. Players are transitioning towards manufacturing of low foam surfactants with herbal and biodegradable compounds.
- With the technological advancements, the laundry-liquid manufacturers now use a new ingredient, rapeseed oil (non-GMO) that offers benefits with its low foaming properties.
Asia Pacific Region to be the Fastest Growing Market
- In Asia-Pacific, China was the largest consumer of surfactants, and the country is likely to continue its dominance during the period. A major change in the lifestyle and wide scope of application of the product is boosting the growth of the product, especially in China and India. The increasing disposable income and purchasing power supports the growth, which in turn has increased the demand for low foam surfactants in the home & personal care industry.
- The market for soap, washing powder, and synthetic detergent industry in China has grown at an average annual rate of 13.2% in the past five years, due to increasing awareness about hygiene and development in liquid soap.
- The region is projected to be a lucrative market for personal care products, polyurethane foams, and agrochemicals, among others.
- Moreover, India is the one of the largest producers of soaps in the world. The per capita consumption of toilet/bathing soap in the country is around 800 grams. Around 65% of the Indian population resides in rural areas, and the increasing disposable incomes and growth in rural markets are making the consumers shift to premium products.
- Due to the aforementioned factors, the demand for low foam surfactants is expected to increase in the region during the forecast period.
The Global Low Foam Surfactants Market is partially consolidated in nature with a few major players dominating a significant portion of the market. Some of the major companies are BASF SE, Clariant, Evonik Industries AG, Croda International plc and Huntsman Corporation and among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Significant Growth in Detergents and Cleaning Agents
4.1.2 Increased Demand for Sustainable Surfactants
4.2.1 Stringent Regulations
4.2.2 Slowdown in Production Arising Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.2 Food and Dairy Process Cleaners
5.2.3 Detergents and Cleaning Agents
5.2.4 Pulp and Paper
5.2.5 Metal Cleaning and Metal Working Fluids
5.2.6 Oilfield Chemicals
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share (%) /Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 BASF SE
6.4.3 Croda International plc
6.4.4 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.5 Huntsman Corporation
6.4.6 KAO CORPORATION
6.4.9 Stepan Company
6.4.10 The Dow Chemical Company
7.2 Other Opportunities
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- BASF SE
- Croda International plc
- Evonik Industries AG
- Huntsman Corporation
- KAO CORPORATION
- Stepan Company
- The Dow Chemical Company