Europe Hand Sanitizer market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 32.55% during the forecast period.
- The global outbreak of various strains of influenza, recent and most fatal being COVID-19, led the consumers to take more preventive measures regarding the maintenance of personal hygiene. The use of hand sanitizing solutions or other similar germicidal agents is one of the most common precautions observed among the consumers.
- European countries turned out to be the most affected by on-going pandemic with 6 out of top 10 countries with maximum cases and deaths, being cornered by the region. The data portrays high precautionary measures been approached by consumers to reciprocate the catastrophic virus, resulting in increased demand for sanitizers.
Key Market Trends
Scarcity of Major Ingredient Witnessed in the Region
There has been a significant scarcity of a vital ingredient that is Isopropyl alcohol witnessed in the region, owing to region’s high dependency on imports to procure the chemical and insignificant domestic production. Following the dearth in availability of basic raw materials, the prices of sanitizers have spiked in the market. For countries like the United Kingdom with no facilities to manufacture IPA, gave many small distributors, a run for money. According to the data sourced from ITC Trade Map, in first quarter of 2020, Europe imported about fifteen times less of an average value of Isopropyl imported every quarter. Moreover, prices have also risen for ethanol, another disinfectant common in hand gels.
The United Kingdom Held a Significant Share in the Market
The United Kingdom stood at third spot in the region with maximum cases diagnosed for COVID positive and the highest number of fatalities caused due to the virus. This in turn resulted as hikes in sanitizer consumption leading manufacturers to supplement their production facilities. The UK-based chemical company -Ineos, launched its fourth production site built in period of few days, in order to meet growing demand. The Apart from recent surge recorded due to epidemic, the country in review period, also experienced great demand for sanitizers being formulated with natural substances. For instance, The United Kingdom based manufacturer Forever Living, is involved in manufacturing and marketing of Aloe Vera hand sanitizer with a claim to sooth skin simultaneously, while sanitizing it.
Europe Hand Sanitizer market is consolidated with majority shares held by companies like Reckitt Benckiser Group and Henkel AG & Company, KGaA owing to their high household penetration with brands Dettol and Dial. These well-established international brands of the market studied are highly reputed for supplying premium quality products with advanced features at inexpensive prices. Moreover, due to robust demand amid COVID outbreak small players and private label brands ended up cornering a significant share in the market.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.5 Sanitizing Wipes
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Convenience Stores
5.2.3 Pharmaceutical Stores
5.2.4 Online Channels
5.2.5 Other Distribution Channels
5.3.1 United Kingdom
5.3.7 Rest of Europe
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Procter & Gamble (P&G) Company
6.4.2 3M Company
6.4.3 Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
6.4.6 GOJO Industries Inc.
6.4.7 Henkel AG & Company, KGaA
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Procter & Gamble (P&G) Company
- 3M Company
- Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
- GOJO Industries Inc.
- Henkel AG & Company, KGaA