The market for flotation reagent is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. The major factor driving the growth of the market include its growing demand from the water & wastewater treatment industry due to stringent regulations across the globe. Moreover, the mining sector makes use of flotation reagents to extricate precious minerals from the ores. Unprecedented situation emerging because of COVID-19 outbreak is foreseen to thwart the development of the market during the forecast timeframe.
- Water and waste water treatment application is anticipated to dominate the overall flotation reagent market owing to the increasing gap between water supply and demand across the globe.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the fastest-growing market due to the large-scale production and demand of the flotation reagent products in the region.
Key Market Trends
Water & Wastewater Treatment Segment to Uplift Flotation Reagent Market
- Increasing focus on water and wastewater treatment across the globe is regarded to support the development of the flotation reagents market during the forecast timeframe. Strict guidelines regarding sullied water from different businesses as it contains injurious synthetic compounds are anticipated to help the development of the market.
- Several countries are witnessing a dire water shortage as present sources both surface and groundwater are becoming increasingly stressed. The growing demand for the access to water sources is expected to drive the market for water treatment.
- The global industrial wastewater treatment market size is anticipated to grow from USD 11.4 billion in 2019 to USD 15 billion by 2024.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the flotation reagent market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to be Fastest Growing Market for Flotation Reagent
- Asia-Pacific is forecasted to be the fastest-growing market because of the huge demand for clean drinking water for the enormous population residing in the region.
- India is amongst the nations which are lacking clean drinking water and hence the demand for efficient water & wastewater management is rising.
- By 2030, India’s water demand is expected to exceed supply by two times, indicating severe water scarcity in the country. Moreover, annual per capita water availability is expected to reduce to 1,140m3 by 2050. As per the Composite Water Management Index - Niti Aayog, 6% of GDP will be lost by 2050 due to water crisis under business-as-usual scenario.
- China is amongst the largest iron ore mine producers in the world and its 2019 production is estimated to be 350 million metric tons. Therefore, growing mining activities are anticipated to propel the demand for the flotation reagent mining sector.
- Thus, rising demand from various industries coupled with government support is expected to drive the market studied in the region during the forecast period.
The flotation reagent market is partially fragmented. Some of the players in the market include Ecolab, BASF SE, Solvay, Evonik, and ArrMaz.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Water & Wastewater Treatment Industry
4.1.2 increasing applications in Mining Industry
4.2.1 Unfavourable Conditions due to COVID-19 Outbreak
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.2.1 Explosives & Drilling
5.2.2 Mineral Processing
5.2.3 Water & Wastewater Treatment
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 BASF SE
6.4.3 Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- BASF SE
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company