The market for butylated triphenyl phosphate is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3% globally during the forecast period. Growing demand for lubricants along with other drivers are driving the market growth. On the flip side, unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 along with higher production costs and other restraints are hindering the growth of the market.
- The butylated triphenyl phosphate market is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to the growing demand for lubricants.
- Asia-Pacific region to dominate the market across the globe with the largest consumption from countries such as India and China.
Key Market Trends
Growing demand for Lubricants
- Butylated triphenyl phosphate is widely used as lubricant owing to its thermal stability and is expected to grow rapidly during the forecast period.
- Butylated triphenyl phosphate is often used as a lubricant because of its outstanding operational performance and excellent fire-retardant properties in defense, naval, automotive, and other industrial applications.
- In automotive, the increase in repair and servicing activities of old automobiles is expected to drive the market. However, the slowdown of the automotive sector and due to the COVID-19 outbreak across various countries is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
- According to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), the worldwide automotive production in 2019 is about 91.78 million vehicles which declined by 5.2% compared to the previous year 2018.
- The growing demand for lubricants from various industries is expected to drive the market for butylated triphenyl phosphate during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for butylated triphenyl phosphate during the forecast period as a result of the increase in demand from countries like India and China.
- Butylated triphenyl phosphate is used as a plasticizer in polyvinyl chloride manufacturing and other modified polymers and alloys. In 2019 alone, China produced about 75 million tons of plastic which are about 20% of the total world’s plastic production. Plastic is mainly used in the packaging industry for its lightweight and durability. The increasing e-commerce market is expected to drive the demand for plastics which accounts for around 30% of total plastics consumption. The growing plastics industry is expected to drive the market for butylated triphenyl phosphate.
- Furthermore, the Indian e-commerce industry is expected to reach USD 120 billion by 2020. The increase in penetration of the internet and the change in government policies allowing 100% foreign direct investments in the e-commerce sector is expected to boost the plastics market.
- The growing use of lubricants in construction machinery, engines, and other high-performance equipment used in construction industry in countries like India and China is expected to drive the market.
- According to the National Development and Reform Commission, the Chinese government approved 26 infrastructure projects at an estimated investment of about USD 142 billion in 2019 which are estimated to be completed by 2023. Moreover, the Indian government has allocated USD 63 billion for the infrastructure sector in 2019-20 and is planning to spend USD 1.4 trillion over the next five years.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for butylated triphenyl phosphate in the Asia-Pacific region during the forecast period.
The global butylated triphenyl phosphate market is partially consolidated with players accounting for a major share of the market. Few companies include LANXESS, ICL, Zhang Jia Gang YaRui Chemical Co., Ltd., PCC Group, and TINA ORGANICS PVT. LTD.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Growing Demand for Lubricants
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to the COVID-19 Outbreak
4.2.2 Higher Production Costs
4.2.3 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.1.1 Fire Retardant
5.2.2 PVC Compounds & Resins
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share Analysis/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.3 PCC Group
6.4.4 Radco Industries, Inc
6.4.5 TINA ORGANICS PVT. LTD.
6.4.6 Zhang Jia Gang YaRui Chemical Co., Ltd.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- PCC Group
- Radco Industries, Inc
- TINA ORGANICS PVT. LTD.
- Zhang Jia Gang YaRui Chemical Co., Ltd.