The dosing system market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 1.25% in the forecast period of 2021-2026. The manufacturing industry is one of the major applicants of dosing pumps, but due to the lockdown in several countries combined with supply chain disruptions caused by the COVID-19, various plants were shut down or kept on halt, which affected the dosing pump market. Due to the impact of COVID-19 globally, the supply chain was disrupted significantly in 2020. By mid-2021, the market started to get restored. The medical and pharmaceutical sectors, which have witnessed significant growth amid COVID-19, remained one of the driving sectors. Apart from this, the growing sectors, like chemical industries and sewage treatment, are expected to drive forward the market significantly in the forecast period. Increasing investments in water treatment by the developing countries are also creating a favorable demand for these pumps. On the other hand, the availability of cheap and alternative pumps is a significant factor that restrains the growth of the market in the upcoming period.
- The water and sewage treatment sectors are expected to dominate the market for dosing pumps, owing to the upcoming wastewater treatment plants across the world.
- With projects, like Namami Gange and Clean Yamuna Project, in December 2017, India announced to construct 90 sewage treatment plants to treat river Ganga alone. The projects are expected to be operational in the future, thus, creating significant opportunities for the dosing pump market.
- With anticipated growth in industries in the chemical sector and water treatment plants in countries like India and China, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market in the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Water and Sewage Treatment Sector to Dominate the Market
- A dosing pump is a positive displacement pump that assists in transporting exact flow rates of different fluids and chemicals into another fluid stream.
- Dosing systems are used in water and sewage treatment for multiple purposes. Operations like pH maintenance of boiler water, protection against corrosion, and precipitation are performed using dosing pumps.
- The Middle Eastern countries rely on desalination plants and wastewater reuse for their water demand. In the United Arab Emirates, the quantity of treated wastewater reuse in Abu Dhabi alone reached 188 million cubic meters by 2019. The capacity is further expected to increase to drive the usage of dosing pumps in the country.
- Germany, which has the largest capacity of wastewater in Europe, with more than 3,000 treatment plants by 2020, has an extensive usage of dosage pumps.
- The United States has shown a robust increase in the expenditure on water and sewage treatment facilities and utilities. With an investment of USD 4,745 million in 2018, the market is driving the demand for dosing pumps significantly.
- Water scarcity and water pollution are some issues that are faced by almost all countries, which creates a significant market for dosing systems globally.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market for dosing systems, with expected growth in chemical, water treatment, and petrochemicals in the forecast period.
- China and India are the leading markets in oil refining sectors with a collective capacity of more than 20,000 thousand barrels per day, which has a significant application of dosing pumps.
- In May 2019, Delhi Jal Board approved the setting up of one of the largest sewage treatment plants with the capacity to treat 124 million gallons per day. The plant is expected to witness the significant application of dosing pumps in the forecast period.
- In Beijing, the government is aiming to invest in wastewater treatment and sewer networks to achieve 100% domestic and industrial wastewater treatment. This is going to increase the demand for dosing systems significantly in the forecast period.
- With the rapid growth in the sewage and water treatment, refining, and food processing industry, Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market for dosing systems in the forecast period.
The dosing system market is fragmented. Some of the major companies in the market include Dover Corp, ProMinent GmbH, Grundfos Holding AS, Nikkiso Co. Ltd, and Iwaki & Co. Ltd.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
4.2 Oil and Gas Reserves in the United Arab Emirates, till 2020
4.3 Crude Oil Production and Consumption Forecast in thousand barrels per day, till 2026
4.4 Natural Gas Production and Consumption Forecast in billion cubic feet per day, till 2026
4.5 Recent Trends and Developments
4.6 Government Policies and Regulations
4.7 Market Dynamics
4.8 Supply Chain Analysis
4.9 PESTLE Analysis
4.9.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.9.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.9.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.9.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.9.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.10 Assesment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Oil and Gas Operators
126.96.36.199 Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
188.8.131.52 Exxon Mobil Corporation
184.108.40.206 BP PLC
220.127.116.11 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
18.104.22.168 TotalEnergies SE
6.3.2 Oil and Gas Technology and Service Providers
22.214.171.124 Schlumberger Limited
126.96.36.199 Al Masaood Oil Industry Supplies & Service Co.
188.8.131.52 Halliburton Company
184.108.40.206 China Oilfield Service Limited (COSL)
220.127.116.11 Expro Group