The global substation grounding system market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period of 2020-2025. Factors such as increasing power generation capacity plan across the world, growing demand for replacing/refurbishing of aging substation infrastructure, and increasing electricity demand, particularly in China and India, owing to rapidly increasing industrial and infrastructural development activities, are expected to drive the market during the forecast period. Moreover, increasing investments in transmission and distribution infrastructure with efficient fully safe systems are expected to bolster the growth of the market. However, delay in the implementation of electrification projects globally and high cost associated with substation grounding, the growth of the market is likely to be hampered.
- Power transmission is expected to hold the maximum share in the global substation grounding system market and be the largest segment during the forecast period. Many developing countries are expected to upgrade their transmission sector, which is further expected to bolster the substation grounding system market.
- Rising electrification projects in Africa and Asia-Pacific countries, with several initiatives signaling that significant improvements are underway in the regions to improve the transmission and distribution network, is expected to create ample opportunities for the substation grounding system market players.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to be the largest market and fastest growing market, owing to one-third of the world's population currently residing in India and China, with the two countries accounting for major share of global electricity demand.
Key Market Trends
Power Transmission Segment to Dominate the Market
- Power transmission network is expected to increase the demand for substation grounding system market, owing to factors like rising in electricity demand globally, high demand for safe grids, and increasing need for upgradation of the existing transmission networks. Furthermore, power generation companies are looking to comply with safety norms efficiently while investing in substation grounding systems.
- Moreover, the power transmission is expected to witness significant demand over the forecast period, due to the rapid improvement in the power sector through the implementation of smart grid and smart meter technology.
- In 2018, India was the third-largest electricity-generating nation in the world. This power is generated from both conventional and renewable sources. The country has made major strides in improving access to power among both rural and urban communities through various government-led schemes focused on Power for All.
- Further, countries in the Middle-East and African region, such as Oman and Saudi Arabia, are also investing in the expansion and restructuring of transmission power grids, which increases the growth prospects of the substation grounding system market.
- Therefore, with increasing urbanization and industrialization across the developing economies, the demand for power transmission is expected to witness significant growth, which in turn is likely to bolster the substation grounding system market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to be the largest and the fastest-growing region, due to the increasing power generation capacity plans, growing demand for replacing/refurbishing of aging transmission and distribution networks, and increasing electricity demand, particularly in China and India, owing to rapidly increasing industrial and infrastructural development activities.
- China has witnessed high rates of demand for electricity, owing to the unprecedented growth of the economy, coupled with factors, such as rapid industrialization and urbanization electricity. The robust economic growth in China reached nearly 7%, and the gross electricity consumption grew by 6.6%, exceeding 6,000 TWh, for the first time in 2017.
- Utilities and governments in China are developing new generation projects, particularly renewable energy ones, to meet the rising electricity demand. This is likely to require power infrastructure to accommodate these projects, which is expected to drive the growth of the substation grounding system market in the country.
- With Australia’s ageing electricity infrastructure nearing the end of its lifespan, it has become crucial to refurbish/ renovate electricity distribution network for increasing renewable energy generation. Moreover, the country has been taking initiatives to modernize its energy infrastructure, for which, the government invests nearly USD 5 billion each year into the transmission distribution network.
- Furthermore, the Indian government plans to invest further in strengthening the electrical network, to build a strong and smart grid, and this, in turn, is expected to supplement the demand for substation grounding system in the country.
The substation grounding system market is moderately consolidated. Some of the key players are ABB Ltd, Siemens AG, Eaton Corporation PLC, Hubbell Incorporated, and Southwire Company LLC.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Power Tranmission
5.1.2 Power Distribution
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 ABB Ltd
6.3.2 Eaton Corporation PLC
6.3.3 Siemens AG
6.3.4 Southwire Company LLC
6.3.5 Hubbell Power Systems Inc
6.3.6 E&S Grounding Solutions
6.3.7 Littelfuse Inc.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- ABB Ltd
- Eaton Corporation PLC
- Siemens AG
- Southwire Company LLC
- Hubbell Power Systems Inc
- E&S Grounding Solutions
- Littelfuse Inc.