- An overview of the global market for VASIMR (Variable Specific Impulse Magnetoplasma Rocket) Engine and a detailed description of its design and operations
- A review of history, advantages, and disadvantages of the VASIMR Engine and recent updates on its types
- Description of electric propulsion engines that are currently in use and knowledge about the upcoming technologies of the industry
- Insights into government initiatives for the research and development of VASIMR engines
- A look at the recent developments and market investments in the space industry
Space exploration is vitally important to the future of human beings and offers a new understanding by providing us with new resources in many aspects. Space can help us solve the problems we face on earth, such as resource and population pressures, shrinking energy supplies, environmental protection, scientific advances, new manufacturing and production processes, and space tourism and settlement. The aim of this report is to survey the new ideas and technologies associated with electric propulsion. Specifically, the report covers the VASIMR engine by providing updates in this engine’s types, design, and operations, and it surveys the applications of this technology. In addition, it provides information about the competitor electric propulsion engines that are currently in use as well as emerging technologies.
This study will be of interest to those who are interested in investment, acquisition or expansion into the electric propulsion market and thus need specific, detailed information crucial to making educated decisions. Venture capitalists, executive planners, research directors, government officials, and suppliers to the industry who want to discover and exploit current or projected market niches should find this report of value.
This report will be suitable for:
- Spacecraft component manufacturers.
- Space technology companies.
- Raw material suppliers.
- End-use industries.
- Research and development institutions and centers.
- Institutional investors (banks, venture capitalists, etc.)
Chapter 1 Variable Specific Impulse Magnetoplasma Rocket (VASIMR): An Emerging Market
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Intended Audience
- What Industry Experts Say
- Electric Propulsion
- Design and Operation
- Power Sources
- Advantages and Disadvantages of VASIMR Engines
- Research and Development
- VX-10 to VX-50
- Space Transportation
- Space Tug/Orbital Transfer Vehicle (OTV)
- ISS (International Space Station)
- Asteroid Mining
- Recent Developments
- Market Investments
- Investments in Space Technology by Top Countries
- Investments in Space Industry Services
- Space Administration
- Entities Involved in Space Technology
- Private Companies
- Academic Institutions
- Public Agencies
- Analyst's Credentials
List of Tables
Table 1: Space Industry Investments Vs. Propulsion Technology Investments, 2019
Table 2: Government Investments Space Industry, by Top Countries, 2019
Table 3: Space Industry Service Investments, by Application, 2019
List of Figures
Figure 1: Graphical Representation of VASIMR Engine
Figure 2: Electric Propulsion Systems (Building Blocks)
Figure 3: VASIMR Engine Test
Figure 4: A Solar-Powered Lunar Tug Concept Using Two VASIMR Engines
Figure 5: Fusion Driven Rocket (Prototype)
Figure 6: VX-200 Plasma Engine