Mexico’s number of online shoppers on the rise
A forecast cited in the report suggests that by the year 2025, E-Commerce in Mexico will account for over one-half of total sales growth. Already the number of Internet users and online shoppers in Mexico has risen and continues to do so. Cross-Border E-Commerce has also become increasingly popular with around two-thirds of online shoppers in Mexico shopping from foreign websites. Among the most purchased product categories was clothing, followed by electronics and cosmetics. A forecast cited in the report suggests that B2C E-Commerce sales in Mexico are projected to remain on the growth path over the next five years.
Cards and wallets rise to the top among online payment methods
The top payment methods used by consumers in Mexico when shopping online are credit and debit cards, according to a recent survey cited in the report. Digital wallets like PayPal rank next, followed by cash-based payment methods such as Oxxo.
MercadoLibre maintains its position among the top B2C E-Commerce websites in Mexico
The top 5 B2C E-Commerce websites in Mexico, based on their number of visits from the country, are Mercadolibre.com.mx, Amazon.com.mx, Coppel.com, Walmart.com.mx and Amazon.com, as revealed in the report. MercadoLibre also ranks first by 2021 market share, followed by Amazon.
Questions Covered in the report:
- What value are B2C E-Commerce sales in Mexico expected to reach in 2026?
- What are the top trends driving the growth of Mexico’s online retail market?
- Which product categories do online shoppers in Mexico buy the most?
- What are the leading payment methods in Mexico’s B2C E-Commerce?
- Who are the top 5 B2C E-Commerce market players in Mexico?
Please note: For this report, the purchase of an Enterprise license allows up to ten worldwide users of an organization access to the report
- Overview of B2C E-Commerce and Online Payment Market, April 2022
- Year-on-Year B2C E-Commerce Sales Growth Rate Compared to Other Top Countries Worldwide by Growth Rate, in %, 2022e
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in MXN billion, 2018 & 20121
- B2C E-Commerce Share of Total Retail Sales, in %, 2021
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD billion, 2021 & 2026f
- Breakdown of Total Retail Sales Growth Value, by B2C E-Commerce and Other Retail, in %, 2021-2025f
- Internet Users, in millions, January 2021 & January 2022
- Online Shopper Penetration, in % of Respondents, Before vs. During COVID-19, December 2021
- Share of Internet Users Who Made a Purchase After Seeing an Online Advertisement, in % of Internet Users, and Breakdown of Channels They Purchased from, in %, May 2021
- Share of Channels Used to Make Purchases During Hot Sale 2021, in % of Online Shoppers, 2021
- Product Categories Purchased Online, in % of Online Shoppers, January 2022
- Cross-Border Online Shopper Penetration, in %, February 2021
- Top 3 Product Categories Purchased Cross-Border, in % of Cross-Border Online Shoppers, February 2021
- Payment Methods Used To Pay For Cross-Border Online Purchases, in % of Cross-Border Online Shoppers, February 2021
- Device Owned by Internet Users, in % of Internet Users, H1 2021
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Purchases by Device, in %, 2021e
- Social Buyer Penetration, in % of Social Network Users, 2019-2024f
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales, by Payment Methods, in %, 2020
- Share of Online Purchases Paid with OXXO, in %, 2021
- Payment Methods Used During Hot Sale 2021, in % of Online Shoppers, June 2021
- Average Share of Mobile Fraud, in % of Total Fraud Losses Experienced by Retailers, 2019 & 2021e
- Delivery Methods Used in B2C E-Commerce, in % of Online Shoppers, January 2022
- Perceived Benefits of Shopping Online, in % of Online Shoppers, January 2022
- Most Common Incidents within the Delivery Process, in % of Online Shoppers, January 2022
- Top 5 E-Commerce Websites, incl. Total Website Visits, in millions, Mexico’s Share of Total Visits, in %, Mexico’s Number of Visits, in millions, February 2022
- Top 5 B2C E-Commerce Companies by Market Share, in %, 2021
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Citibanamex Movil
- El Puerto de Liverpool