This PEST country analysis report on Cape Verde provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
- Understand the political system in Cape Verde through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
- Understand the economic situation in Cape Verde through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
- Understand customer demographics in Cape Verde through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
- Understand the technological landscape in Cape Verde through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
- The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Cape Verde, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Cape Verde's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
- What is the outlook in Cape Verde in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Cape Verde perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Cape Verde perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Cape Verde perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
1.2.1. Key Highlights
1.3. Key Developments (January 2019 to June 2020)
1.4. Impact of Covid 19 on the Cape Verdean Economy
1.4.2. Government Measures
18.104.22.168. Travel Ban
1.4.3. Impact of Covid 19 on the Economy
2. Key Facts and Geographic Location
2.1. Key Facts
2.2. Geographical Location
3. Political Landscape
3.3. Structure and Policies
3.3.1. Key Political Figures
3.3.2. Government Structure
3.3.3. Key Political Parties
3.3.4. Government Composition
3.4. Key Policies
3.4.3. Foreign and Defense Policies
3.5.1. Governance Indicators
4. Economic Landscape
4.3. Structure and Policies
4.3.1. Financial System
4.3.2. Financial Authorities/Regulators
4.4.1. GDP and Growth Rate
4.4.2. GDP Composition by Sector
4.4.3. Fiscal Situation
4.4.4. Foreign Trade
4.4.5. Government Gross Debt
4.4.6. International Investment Position
4.4.7. Monetary Situation - CPI Inflation
5. Social Landscape
5.3. Structure and Policies
5.3.1. Demographic Composition
5.7. Structure and Policies
5.7.2. Intellectual Property
5.7.3. Research and Development
5.8.1. Telecommunications, Broadband, and Internet
6. Ask the Analyst
6.1. About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Cape Verde - Key Facts, 2020
Table 2: Mid-Year Population by Age (% of Total Population), 2019
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Cape Verde
Figure 2: Cape Verde - Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Cape Verde - Head of State and Government
Figure 4: Political Composition of the National Assembly (Number of Seats), 2016
Figure 5: Evolution of Gdp Growth in Cape Verde, 2009-2019
Figure 6: Real Gdp and Real Gdp Growth Rate of Cape Verde, 2014-2024F
Figure 7: Sector Specific Gdp in Cape Verde, 2019
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Cape Verde, 2015-2020F
Figure 9: Industrial Output in Cape Verde, 2015-2020F
Figure 10: Services Output in Cape Verde, 2015-2020F
Figure 11: Trade Position in Cape Verde, 2014-2018
Figure 12: Consumer Price Index (Cpi) and Cpi-Based Inflation in Cape Verde, 2014-2024F
Figure 13: Unemployment in Cape Verde, 2014-2024F
Figure 14: Major Religions in Cape Verde, 2010E
Figure 15: Healthcare Expenditure, 2012-2018
Figure 16: Internet Users and Penetration, 2014-2019