1h Free Analyst TimeSummary
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Australia is a popular destination and one with great potential to grow further. This report offers an overview on the infrastructure and attractions within the country.
This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for Australia as a destination market.
- Leisure holidays are overwhelmingly the most popular kind of holiday for international tourists visiting Australia with 4.5 million tourists visiting for that reason, whilst 2.6 million traveled to visit friends and relatives.
- Australia is regarded as a very low risk country. It has the sixth lowest risk score in Asia-Pacific and the 14th lowest risk score globally. It scores particularly well in technological risks and also performs strongly when in political risk, which shows the strength of its institutions to prevent them. One area which may become a risk to Australia is environmentally, with global warming set to become an increasingly pressing issue with forests fires a growing concern.
- The Australian tourism industry has a number of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to be aware of. Australia’s mass appeal and strong global image make it a popular location among many holidaymakers, although long travel times and overtourism deters some travelers.
- There is massive opportunity for the Australian tourism industry to grow within the Chinese market and business sectors, however, environmental damage is an enormous risk to the Australian tourism industry and is something that must be addressed.
- This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for Australia as a destination market.
Reasons to Buy
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in an increasingly popular tourist destination.
- Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
- Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Table of Contents
- COVID-19 Overview
- Key Trends
- New Developments
- Source markets
- New Projects
- Types of Tourism
- Sun and Beach
- Eco Tourism
- Sport Tourism
- Destination Focus
- New South Wales
- Regional Risk & SWOT Analysis
- Regional Risk
- SWOT Analysis
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Tourism Australia