Ongoing Research Report
In the News
- June 2018: One of the industry leading kiosk manufacturer and software developer, Meridian Kiosks, announced that the company has expanded their self-service solutions by including a lineup of automotive specific kiosks.
- October 2017: The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) announced that it has come into an agreement with Spirit Airlines and Alaska Airlines/Virgin America for expanding greatly the availability of airport kiosks. These airport kiosks are anticipated to be made accessible to individuals with disabilities.
Introduction to Interactive Kiosks
Interactive kiosk is a self-service device or a computer terminal designed for public use that delivers information or enables transactions with a user-friendly interface. It basically includes a computer and a display screen and allows customer input of data through an input device such as a touch screen or keyboard. It is also used for featuring specialized hardware and software that provides access to information and applications for entertainment, commerce, communication or education. Interactive kiosks are used for retail sales, bill payment, cash withdrawing and provide customers with information as well as the ability to participate in loyalty programs. Enterprises deploy kiosks to strengthen their brand with target customers, increase customer loyalty and reduce operational costs.
Market Size and Forecast
Rising demand for self-service devices, innovative interactive kiosks with touch screen display in retail stores and enhanced shopping experience for customers are some of the factors boosting the market growth. The interactive kiosks market is anticipated to record a significant CAGR over the forecast period, i.e., 2020-2028. The market is segmented by end user into BFSI, transportation, retail, hospitality, healthcare, and entertainment. Based on this, the segment for retail is anticipated to hold the leading share in the market on account of its in-store product information and promotional displays which attracts customer without the need for actual entry of shoppers in the stores. Further, retailers offer services such as self-directed bill payment, check-out, and digital signage.
Increase in Self-Service Systems Deployment to Boost the Market Growth
The rapid growth in self-service machines, wireless communication, and automated devices make it convenient for the customers to access services such as self-baggage check-in, ticket booking, self-check-out, information display and payment transactions used in retail stores, restaurants, hotels, airports, railway stations, malls, and metros. These enables customers to meet their own service demands and facilitates entire service experience with 24/7 availability without engaging with store representatives and waiting in long queues. This has resulted to a significant rise in demand for interactive kiosks. Furthermore, many banks and retail stores, owing to their limited infrastructure and work-force are turning towards cost-effective solutions to expand their operations and serve a larger consumer base. This is anticipated to significantly expand the interactive kiosks market.
On the basis of regional analysis, the interactive kiosks market is segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa region.
The market for interactive kiosks in North America is anticipated to hold the largest share in the market on account of presence of leading market players in the region which manufacture and market interactive kiosks. Moreover, there is an increased demand from retail, entertainment, travel, finance, and healthcare industries along with the growing emphasis on customer service and satisfaction in this region which further increases the product demand. The market in Asia Pacific region is predicted to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period as a result of rapidly expanding transportation infrastructure and high-tech services offered by retail and tourism industries. Additionally, owing to the digitalization in payment services, there is an increased penetration in banking and finance as well as in food and beverages sector, especially in countries such as China, India and Japan. This factors further raise the demand for interactive kiosks.
The interactive kiosks market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis.
Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
Please note this is an ongoing research and will be delivered 8-9 working days after order confirmation. The TOC can be also be requested.
- KIOSK Information Systems
- FrankMayer and Associates, Inc.
- NCR Corporation
- Diebold Nixdorf, Inc.
- ZEBRA Technologies Corp.
- Olea Kiosks Inc.
- REDYREF Interactive Kiosks
- Sennco Solutions, Inc.
- Meridian Kiosks LLC
- Other Notable Players
Please note the number of players as well as the addition/deletion can be done in the final deliverable as per the feasibility