Oil and gas companies began tentatively adopting cloud computing over a decade ago, but in recent years the importance of cloud in the industry has grown. More companies are adopting cloud-first strategies indicating the long-term importance of cloud. Cloud computing is a facilitator for the adoption of other valuable time-, money- and energy-saving technologies including artificial intelligence and machine learning. The oil and gas industry is facing a number of challenges, and will continue to do so. Adopting the cloud and associated technologies can be an effective strategy to protect against universal industry challenges. Cloud adopters will be better placed to swiftly implement new time, energy and cost saving technologies that will help oil and gas companies adapt to the changing industry.
- This report presents an overview of adoption of cloud computing technologies, such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS, in the oil and gas industry.
- It analyses the cloud value chain, the challenges faced by the oil and gas industry, and how cloud computing is enabling the industry to tackle these challenges.
- The report provides an overview of the competitive positions held by technology vendors, and oil and gas companies in the cloud computing theme.
- It also discusses some successful cloud computing case studies in the oil and gas industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Identify key industry challenges driving cloud adoption.
- Explore cloud implementation options and leading vendor partners.
- Understand market size and growth forecasts for cloud computing in energy sector.
- Review case study implementations from leading oil and gas companies.
- Identify and benchmark key oil and gas companies adopting cloud computing technologies.
Table of Contents
- Cloud Value Chain
- Key Players in the Cloud Value Chain
- Cloud Services (Iaas and Paas)
- Cloud Services (Saas)
- Cloud Professional Services Model
- Oil and Gas Challenges
- the Impact of Cloud on Oil and Gas
- Case Studies
- Market Size and Growth Forecasts
- Cloud Timeline
- Leading Cloud Adopters in Oil and Gas
- Leading Cloud Vendors
- Specialist Cloud Vendors in Oil and Gas
- Appendix: Thematic Research Methodology