Get expert, on-the-ground insights into the latest business and economic trends in Egypt. Produced by a dedicated team of in-country analysts and researchers, The Report: Egypt 2020 provides the in-depth business intelligence you need to evaluate, enter and excel in the market.
With one of the biggest consumer markets in the region and robust fundamentals, Egypt is well placed to attract international investment and emerge from this difficult period in a strong position. Although the Covid-19 pandemic has caused considerable disruption, the government’s ongoing reform efforts have helped to mitigate the worst effects of the crisis.
Prior to the outbreak of Covid-19 in early 2020, Egypt had one of the best-performing economies in the MENA region and, despite the disruptive effects of the pandemic, this trend looks set to continue. Egypt’s resilient economy can in part be attributed to a series of government-implemented structural reforms, backed by a $12bn IMF loan released in five tranches, the last of which was received in May 2019. The country’s post-Covid-19 recovery will be guided by the Egypt Vision 2030 strategy, which identifies nearly 80 programmes and projects, including the development of river transport, entrepreneurship programmes, logistics centres and environmental projects. Meanwhile, continued reform to the financial and insurance sectors is designed to attract greater capital to the country and support growth in other industries such as real estate, oil and gas, petrochemicals, transport and textiles.
Although the outlook remains uncertain, Egypt’s strong project pipeline, strategic geographic importance and a broad range of recent reforms should ensure that the country is able to weather the storm. The pandemic has presented a number of new opportunities that Egypt can capitalise on, including the rise of e-commerce and digital banking, and the potential worldwide shift of manufacturing operations out of China. The crisis may also act as a catalyst for increased spending on the health sector, which is already undergoing considerable change as a result of the introduction of universal health insurance.
Features and Benefits:
- Go behind the scenes through exclusive interviews with influential leaders in the government, public and private sectors
- Inform your market-entry strategies with sector-by-sector overviews of the main trends, opportunities and challenges
- Get up to speed with conversations in local boardrooms through in-depth and thought-provoking analyses of the most topical economic and business issues
- Leverage comparative research to spotlight synergies, competitive advantages and areas for improvement
- Forecast scenarios for the year ahead, using a combination of hard stats and expert analysis, in a concise format designed to save you time
- Make data-driven business decisions with digestible macroeconomic and sector indicators and infographics
- Executives and entrepreneurs
- Bankers and hedge fund managers
- Journalists and communications professionals
- Consultants and advisers of all kinds
- Academics and students
- Government and policy-research delegations
- Diplomats and expatriates
- Country Profile
- Capital Markets
- Energy & Utilities
- Industry & Retail
- ICT & Innovation
- Construction & Real Estate
- Transport & Logistics
- Health & Education
- Legal Framework
- The Guide