Agricultural Robotics Technology and Autonomous Equipment Are Crucial Amid Labor Shortages and Demand for Greater Output
The influence on technology across global farming operations is a key element that will design the future of the agricultural industry. The industry attracts various digital technology solutions and robotic technology upgrades on agricultural equipment and for monitoring farming operations. Precision agriculture encompasses several areas of technological advancement such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, sensor technology, internet-of-things, Big Data and analytics, and farm management, and these are vital tools in the modernization of agriculture. They work alongside technology used in equipment towards the automation of farming operations, such as autonomous technology for tractors, harvesters, sprayers, seeders, and other robotic applications.
Robotic fruit pickers, transplanters, crop separators, and other such applications in farms and greenhouses are disrupting agtech in agriculture and smart farming. Equipment manufacturers are teaming up with start-up agricultural technology companies to incorporate modern technology into their machinery and cope with the growing technological landscape. Modernization in agriculture is happening rapidly in more developed regions across the globe, and emerging countries are starting to respond to the rising demand for increasing throughput from their farms to meet future requirements in growing populations.
Change in the mindset of people makes them move away from farming towards more urbanized opportunities; this contributes to limited labor available in farming communities in parts of North America and Europe. North American and European regions have been quick to adopt modern technology and automate their farming operations. These regions have also started testing autonomous equipment for farming applications such as spraying and soil preparation. Countries such as India and China need to modernize their agricultural operations to meet increased demand for agricultural produce based on future population density.
This research service offers insight into the various technologies available for modern agriculture and farming and the operational benefits to be gained from implementing them. It also includes an analysis of key market participants and OEMs, and benchmarks key participants in the robotic agtech equipment market. The reader will gain knowledge about various trends and disruptors in the global agricultural robotics industry and benefit from guidance on entering the global agricultural technology and robotics market, and growth insights for besting competition.
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the impact of developing robotic technologies in agricultural and farm equipment?
- What impact will major technology trends such as telematics, Big Data analytics, and autonomous systems have on robotic equipment in the agtech market by 2026?
- Who are the major stakeholders in robotic equipment in the global agtech market?
- Who are the key disruptors in robotic equipment in the global agtech market?
- Which product segments reveal high growth potential within robotic equipment in the global agtech market?
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary - Agricultural Robotics Technology
- Executive Summary - Robotic Technology Analysis and Evolution
- Robotics in Agricultural Equipment - Segments and Definitions
- Market Overview
- Industry Trends Impact - 5 and 10-year Horizon
- Overview of Robotics Trends in Agriculture
- Emission Regulations for Non-road Diesel Engines
- Key Autonomous Equipment and Robotics Technology by Application
- Regulatory Trends in Agricultural Robotics- EU and ISO Standards
- Scope of the Research
- Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
- Disruptors in Agtech - Overview
- Market Positioning of Suppliers and Disruptors
- Agricultural Equipment Technology
- Driverless Tractor Technology - Levels of Automation
- Precision Farming Technology
- Shift to Agtech from Conventional Methods - Roadmap
- Increasing Prominence of Robotics in Modern Agriculture
- Technology Analysis - Technology Roadmap
- Tractor Implements By Application
- Case IH - Autonomous Tractor Case Study
- John Deere - Autonomous Equipment Case Study
- Technology Landscape for Agtech Robots
- Competitive Benchmarking - OEMs in Agtech and Equipment
- Competitive Benchmarking - Suppliers in Agtech and Equipment
- Company Profile - John Deere
- Company Profile - Ag Leader
- Company Profile - AGCO
- Company Profile - Claas
- Company Profile - Topcon Positioning Systems
- Company Profile - Mitsubishi Mahindra Agricultural Machinery
- Company Profile - CNH Industrial
- Growth Opportunities
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Conclusions on Current and Future Outlook
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology
- List of Exhibits
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Ag Leader
- CNH Industrial
- John Deere
- Mitsubishi Mahindra Agricultural Machinery
- Topcon Positioning Systems