This report provides a summary of flavor and fragrance preferences across key product categories in the 2019 Q4 global consumer survey. It identifies how consumer attitudes and approaches to food differ by a number of metrics, including age, region, and gender.
"100% natural" ranks within the top three most influential claims across all FMCG sectors, but has most appeal in products for children. Nuts and seeds-based snacks and nutty flavors are preferred by Generation X consumers, while the oldest consumers prefer plain flavors when snacking. Conservative tastes are a trend within older consumers, also seen in the appeal of traditional tobacco flavors, which increases with age.
- Apple is the most appealing tea flavor in every region, and is particularly popular in Latin America.
- With the exception of baobab, women are more receptive to novel juice flavors compared with men.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insight into perceptions towards ingredients that will support your product strategy.
- Identify new and emerging ingredients to help overcome challenges.
- Discover the latest innovations and learn about what is trending in category and region-specific insights.
Table of Contents1.Introduction
3. Alcoholic Beverages
4. Non-alcoholic Beverages