Hybrid Energy System Models presents a number of techniques to model a large variety of hybrid energy systems in all aspects of sizing, design, operation, economic dispatch, optimization and control. The book's authors present a number of new methods to model hybrid energy systems and several renewable energy systems, including photovoltaic, solar plus wind and hydropower, energy storage, and combined heat and power systems. With critical modeling examples, global case studies and techno-economic modeling integrated in every chapter, this book is essential to understanding the development of affordable energy systems globally, particularly from renewable resources.
With a detailed overview and a comparison of hybrid energy systems used in different regions, as well as innovative hybrid energy system designs covered, this book is useful for practicing power and energy engineers needing answers for what factors to consider when modeling a hybrid energy system and what tools are available to model hybrid systems.
- Combines research on several renewable energy systems, energy storage, and combined heat and power systems into a single informative resource on hybrid energy systems
- Includes significant global case studies of current and novel modeling techniques for comparison
- Covers numerical simulations of hybrid systems energy modeling and applications
2. Technical and economic modeling of hybrid renewable energy systems
3. Performance and Energetic modeling of PV system coupled with Battery energy storage
4. Numerical simulation of hybrid systems with solid oxide cells
5. Modeling of Solar Plus Wind Hybrid Systems for Smart Grid Applications
6. Hydropower hybrid energy system modeling
7. Comparison of Sizing Models for Hybrid Renewable Energy Systems
8. Economic dispatch of large-scale integrated heat and power systems by application of a novel harmony search approach
Asmae Berrada is a professor in the school of renewable energy at the international University of Rabat (UIR). She holds a PhD degree from the Faculty of Science at SMBA University in Fez. Her PhD work was prepared at Al Akhawayn University within the framework of the EUROSUNMED project (Euro-Mediterranean Cooperation on Research & Training in Sun Based Renewable Energies). She obtained a Master degree of Science in Sustainable Energy Management, and a Bachelor degree in Engineering and Management Science from Al Akhawayn University. Dr. Berrada started her career as a part-time faculty at Al Akhawayn University from (2014 to 2018). She has received a number of research awards and honors such First Prize for Talent Award in Research and Innovation by Masen in 2018 and Best PhD thesis by SMBA. She has published a number of articles in peer-reviewed journals and has been a reviewer for several international journals known in the field of Energy. Her main research focus is on energy systems and their modeling. She has actively been working in the area of energy storage.
El Mrabet, Rachid
Dr. Rachid EL MRABET holds a Ph.D degree in Physics, from the University of Seville, SPAIN. He started his career as a scientific researcher in the University of Seville. In 2002, he worked as a Head of Radiological and Chemical Impact studies Unit in National Center of Energy, Sciences and Nuclear Techniques (CNESTEN) in Rabat, Morocco. After that, he worked as a Director of the R&D Department on Energy, Water and Environment in OCP group. He became in the same company a Corporate Energy Manager, OCP Utilities. Currently, he is the President of College CREF (Research, Expertise and Training) of 4C Center (Climate Change Competency Center) in Morocco. He is also the Director of the Funding Agency and Innovation in the National Institute for Solar Energy and New Energies in Morocco. He is in charge of the funding agency of IRESEN whose principal mission is to finance R&D and innovation projects, involving universities and Moroccan companies (SMEs and start-ups), through the launch of several calls for projects annually, in the field of renewable energy, energy efficiency, and green technologies in general.