1h Free Analyst TimeSummary
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Compared to traditional hospitals, smart hospitals provide better patient outcomes and experiences, as well as improved hospital operational efficiency and workflow. Smart hospitals utilize integrated technologies to deliver seamless and highly efficient healthcare tailored to each individual. Through the Internet of Things (IoT), devices and personnel can be efficiently tracked and coordinated to ensure that patient wait times are minimized and patient treatment is optimized. Smart hospitals allow for rapid response times during emergencies through the sophisticated coordination of elevators, staff movements, patient health records, and surgical suites to maximize emergency response effectiveness. Other smart hospital solutions include automated pharmacy systems and medical robotics, which reduce human error and the burden of labor and care.
Implementations of isolated digital technologies alone do not make a hospital “smart”. The interconnectedness of people, systems, building infrastructures, and devices is an important aspect of a smart hospital. Additionally, the utilization of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning is important to gain insights from the ample data created in smart hospitals. Smart hospitals rely heavily on the IoT technology stack.
This report explores the theme of smart hospitals, through coverage of remote patient monitoring, robotics, patient engagement technology and more.
- This report is a thematic brief, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and identify the leading and disrupting companies.
- The report covers the smart hospitals theme.
- It includes case studies of emerging technology trends.
Reasons to Buy
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures. Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector.
- However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries. This smart hospitals thematic report provides a top-down outlook for the key players and trends over the next few years.
Table of Contents
- Case Studies
- Industry Analysis
- Value Chain
- Appendix: Thematic Research Methodology
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Intuitive Surgical