1h Free Analyst TimeSummary
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
The public perception of smart glasses has struggled to recover from the high-profile failure of Google Glass in 2014. However, the recent launch of Amazon Echo Frames and Google’s purchase of smart glasses maker North in June 2020 suggests Big Tech still sees potential in the technology as a consumer product. Meanwhile, smart glasses have also begun to carve out a niche as a business tool.
There is little to choose between the consumer and enterprise smart glasses segments when it comes to volume of shipments, but the enterprise market generates far greater revenue, equivalent to 80% of the total market in 2019. Enterprise devices cost significantly more than their consumer counterparts, as they typically feature industry-specific capabilities.
- This report provides an overview of the smart glasses theme.
- It identifies the key trends impacting growth of the theme over the next 12 to 24 months, split into three categories: technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- It includes a comprehensive industry analysis, including up-to-date forecasts for global smart glasses revenues and shipments to 2030.
- The detailed value chain shows where smart glasses fit into the broader Internet of Things ecosystem.
Reasons to Buy
- With wide-ranging applications, from music streaming to industrial operations, smart glasses have the potential to drive a major change in the way we interact with the world, but the technology is in the early stages of development.
- This report tells you everything you need to know about smart glasses, identifies the leading vendors (as well as those that are lagging behind), and includes new forecasts showing the impact of COVID-19 on sales of these devices.
Table of Contents
- Technology briefing
- Industry analysis
- Value chain
- Consumer electronics sector scorecard
- Further reading
- Appendix: Thematic research methodology
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Seiko Epson
- Human Capable
- Vigo Technologies
- New York Times