Some of the Innovations Profiled Include Flexible Temperature Sensors, Biosensor for Glucose Level Monitoring, and Graphene Biosensor for Human Vital Sign Monitoring
This issue of the Sensor Technology Opportunity Engine (TOE) covers sensor advancements in 3D metrology scanning, laser scanning precision, inertial, chemical sensing, robotic sensors, submersible fluorescence sensors and biosensors. Some of the innovations profiled include flexible temperature sensors, biosensor for glucose level monitoring, graphene biosensor for human vital sign monitoring, submersible sensor for monitoring water pollution, and robotic sensors.
The TOE captures global sensor-related innovations and developments on a monthly basis. Innovations are directed toward developing smart and intelligent sensors with functionalities beyond sensing. Research focus areas include: low power sensors (energy harvesting), industrial automation sensors (M2M, vision sensor), ubiquitous sensor (WSN, sensor fusion), smart sensors (wearables, quantified self), high sensitivity and smaller size (MEMS, nanosensors), and improved security (CBRNE, terahertz). The need for low power, smaller, lighter sensors with enhanced performance attributes and minimal false alarms is driving innovations in the sensors space.
The Sensors and Instrumentation cluster covers innovations pertaining to technologies such as wireless sensors and networks, energy harvesting, haptics and touch, MEMS and nanosensors, Terahertz, ubiquitous/smart sensors, CBRNE, quantified-self, sensor fusion, M2M communications, and drones.
Table of Contents
- Innovations in 3D Metrology Scanning, Laser Scanning Precision, Inertial Sensors, Chemical Sensors, Robotic Sensors, Submersible Fluorescence Sensors, and Biosensors
- Ametek, US - Growth Opportunities
- Nikon Metrology Inc. US - Growth Opportunities
- SBG Systems, France - Growth Opportunities
- University of California - Los Angeles, US - Growth Opportunities
- Positek Ltd. UK - Growth Opportunities
- NEOCIS, US - Growth Opportunities
- Cambridgeic, UK - Growth Opportunities
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US - Growth Opportunities
- Brewer Science Inc. US - Growth Opportunities
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology - Growth Opportunities
- San Diego State University, US - Growth Opportunities
- Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea - Growth Opportunities
- Nutromics, RMIT University, Griffith University, Romar Engineering, and the Innovative Manufacturing Cooperative Research Center (IMCRC), Australia - Growth Opportunities
- Northwestern University, US - Growth Opportunities
- University of Cincinnati, US - Growth Opportunities
- Key Contacts
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Brewer Science Inc.
- Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology
- Griffith University
- Innovative Manufacturing Cooperative Research Center (IMCRC)
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Nikon Metrology Inc.
- Northwestern University
- Positek Ltd.
- RMIT University
- Romar Engineering
- San Diego State University
- SBG Systems
- University of California
- University of Cincinnati