CI Labs is focused on working with early-stage start-ups and Centrica internally to provide them with coaching, mentorship, and guidance to convert their ideas into full-fledged business models. CI Labs also offers financial support in the form of seed investment to help start-ups expand and grow.
CI Ventures is focused on investing in late-stage start-up businesses that have developed their own proprietary technologies and innovative business models that align with Centrica’s technology focus area.
In 2017, Centrica established TIAC, a team of external advisors who work in close collaboration with internal senior leaders and CI team. Together they try to explore which external technologies and market trends can bring potential change within the company and impact its customers.
The report provides information and insights into Centrica's tech activities, including:
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator & innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Centrica has a strong focus on IoT smart meter implementations that can help it track consumer energy usage. Smart meters help Centrica to provide consumers with a personalized breakdown of their energy use through its interactive online tool, MyEnergy.
- Centrica has a large installed base of IoT-enabled smart meters and connected home solutions that capture huge volumes of energy data, which can be used to understand energy demand and usage patterns at consumer level, identify misuse, and automate billing procedures.
- Centrica is focusing on enhancing EV battery charging systems and is investing big on this technology. The company’s venture arm has invested in a start-up Driivz, to integrate some of its existing capabilities and provide customers with end-to-end EV battery charging solution.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Centrica's tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investment and acquisition strategies.
Table of Contents
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- Accelerators, Incubators, & Other Innovation Programs
- Technology Focus
- Technology Initiatives
- Partnership, Investment, & Acquisition Network Map
- ICT Budgets & Contracts
- Key Executives
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Aspect Software
- Utility Team
- Cardiff University
- LO3 Energy
- Software AG
- Carbon Dynamic
- Hello Alfred
- Energy Web Foundation
- LO3 Energy
- GreenCom Networks
- Labrador Systems