Total telecom and pay-TV service revenues in Argentina will drop to reach $7.4 billion by 2026, due to revenue losses across mobile voice, mobile data, mobile messaging and fixed voice segments. Mobile data services revenue is expected to drop US$1.9 billion in 2026, due to decline in data ARPU. Fixed broadband service revenues will increase at a CAGR of 5.7%, supported by increasing broadband penetration, on the back of efforts by the local government in expanding broadband network coverage in the country and inclining broadband ARPU. Pay-TV services revenues in Argentina will increase to $1.7 billion by 2026-end. This growth is mainly supported by subscription growth across cable and IPTV segment.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Argentina.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Argentina’s mobile subscription penetration of population will reach an estimated 127.8% by year-end 2021, and will increase further over 2021-2026 to reach 145.1% by 2026-end
- Smartphone subscriptions will grow from 41.4 million in 2021 to 49.9 million by the end of 2026.
- 4G will be the leading mobile technology with 74.3% share of the total mobile subscriptions in 2021
- Mobile services revenue will account for 35.3% of total telecom revenue in 2026.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Argentina’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Argentina’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Argentina’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Argentina.
Table of Contents
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay TV service market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Telecom Argentina
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Movistar Argentina
- Claro Argentina
- Telecom Argentina-Cablevision
- Personal Argentina