Secure software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) is a solution provided by leading vendors and service providers aimed at the future of cybersecurity. While SD-WAN itself is not a new offering, secure SD-WAN has become an increasingly popular approach to cybersecurity.
- SD-WAN solutions have three key characteristics: they support multiple types of connections, offer dynamic path selections, and are significantly easier to use and manage than previous SD-WAN offerings.
- Secure SD-WAN is necessary due to increased security threats. This is because the full-mesh capabilities of traditional SD-WAN can give hackers complete access to the network, even if a single branch is compromised.
- It is necessary for companies to adopt a more comprehensive set of solutions. These solutions should protect remote branches, users, devices, and cloud applications from cyber threats when connected to external internet and cloud services using secure internet broadband or cellular networks.
- Additionally, secure SD-WAN should offer granular visibility to ensure that network monitoring is simplified and streamlined. This will reduce the costs of operation and maintenance.
- This report finds that secure SD-WAN is a trend that most vendors and service providers are moving towards due to increasing demand from customers. Improved customer experience and ease of use are important to differentiate their products.
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
2. Introduction to Secure SD-WAN
- What is SD-WAN?
- Understanding SD-WAN
- Enhanced Security in SD-WAN Solutions
- Distributed Enterprises
- Cloud Applications and the MPLS Network
- Secure SD-WAN Enables Agility, Performance, and Security
- How Secure SD-WAN Can Help Enterprises
- Features and Key Requirements of Secure SD-WAN
- Secure SD-WAN Deployment Trends
- Ideal Characteristics of Secure SD-WAN Solutions
- Deployment Models for Secure SD-WAN
- Deployment Locations for Secure SD-WAN
- SWOT Analysis for Secure SD-WAN
3. Strategic Imperatives
- Why is it Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative 8™
- The Impact of the Top Three Strategic Imperatives on the Secure SD-WAN Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine™
4. Growth Opportunity Analysis - Secure SD-WAN
- Growth Environment
- Secure SD-WAN Player Ecosystem
- Growth Drivers
- Growth Drivers Analysis
- Growth Restraints
- Growth Restraints Analysis
5. Market Landscape Analysis
- Scoring Criteria of Secure SD-WAN Solutions
- Vendor Market Landscape
- Vendor Assessment Table
- Cato Networks
- Silver Peak
- Versa Networks
- Service Provider Market Landscape
- Orange Business Services
- Tata Communications
6. Growth Opportunity Universe-Secure SD-WAN
- Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1: Keeping Up With Dynamic Cloud and Application Adoption
- Growth Opportunity 2: Integrating SD-WAN with Security
- Growth Opportunity 3: Potential for Managed Services to Help Enterprises
- List of Exhibits