The African endoscopy devices market is expected to witness a CAGR of 7.2%, over the forecast period. The increasing burden of common gastrointestinal (GI) conditions, such as diarrhea, has been observed in Africa. Therefore, the landscape of GI illness is changing to morbidity and mortality from chronic illness. This rising chronic GI illnesses, such as non-infectious gastric ulcer disease, cancer, dyspepsia, and cirrhosis, create a huge demand for endoscopic services in Africa.
Currently, the growth in the market studied is predominantly due to the increasing patient preference for minimally-invasive procedures, high incidences of chronic diseases, increased awareness, and technological advancements. Minimally-invasive endoscopic procedures offer advantages, such as less pain, faster recovery, small incisions, reduced blood loss, and cost savings. Hence, the improved quality of care is triggering the market growth for endoscopy devices in Africa.
Key Market Trends
Gastroenterology Segment is Expected to Exhibit Fastest Growth Rate Over the Forecast Period
- Gastroenterology refers to the disorders of the digestive system. Colonoscopy is an endoscopic procedure that is used to examine the large and small intestine. The colonoscopy procedures are used to better diagnose tumors, colon polyps, ulcers, and inflamed or bleeding areas of the lower intestinal area. In South Africa, there is a high prevalence of colorectal cancer.
- According to the World Health Organization, colorectal cancer is quite prevalent in women of Africa. Furthermore, the incidence rate per 100,000 individuals is around 8.2%. As a result, colonoscopy becomes more popular in the area. Moreover, the rising technological advancements in colonoscopy devices and an increase in the population suffering from colorectal cancers are expected to drive the overall growth of the market studied.
- The presence of a significant number of players in the market studied has an impact on the prices of products by firms, such as B Braun Melsungen AG, Medtronic PLC, Stryker Corporation, Boston Scientific Healthcare, and Karl Storz GmbH & Co. KG.
- There is a sustainable competitive advantage through innovation for all companies. The companies are continuously focusing on innovations through R&D activities. In 2017, Mindray launched HD3 Full HD Endoscopy System in South Africa. Moreover, these companies are applying powerful competitive strategies, in order to gain a major market share in the market studied.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Technological Advancements Leading to Enhanced Applications
4.2.2 Rising Prevalence of Diseases that Require Endoscopy
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Infections Caused by Few Endoscopes
4.3.2 High Cost of Endoscopy Procedures and Equipment
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
126.96.36.199 Flexible Endoscopes
188.8.131.52 Rigid Endoscopes
184.108.40.206 Capsule Endoscope
220.127.116.11 Robot-assisted Endoscope
5.1.2 Endoscopic Operative Device
18.104.22.168 Irrigation/Suction System
22.214.171.124 Access Device
126.96.36.199 Wound Protector
188.8.131.52 Insufflation Device
184.108.40.206 Operative Manual Instrument
220.127.116.11 Other Endoscopic Operative Devices
5.1.3 Visualization Systems
18.104.22.168 Endoscopic Camera
22.214.171.124 SD Visualization System
126.96.36.199 HD Visualization System
5.2 By Application
5.2.7 Other Applications
5.3 By Country
5.3.1 South Africa
5.3.5 Rest of Africa
6.1.1 B Braun Melsungen AG
6.1.2 Boston Scientific Healthcare
6.1.3 Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
6.1.4 Johnson & Johnson
6.1.5 Karl Storz GmbH & Co. KG
6.1.6 Medtronic PLC
6.1.7 Olympus Medical Systems Corporation
6.1.8 Richard Wolf GmbH
6.1.9 Steris Corporation
6.1.10 Stryker Corporation